What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#66827 by Mark Bell
Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:22 am
Hi Josh,

I access knockouts two ways:

1. ctrl+right mouse click over the dimension or text, then follow the menus, - turn on knockout, then ctrl-right click to reopen and then assign X and Y enlargement factors to the knockout,

2. Alt + C, then More, then Knockout, then Yes, then X and Y enlargement factors, then right click twice to go back to EGAFM and make the selections,

I just feel the procedure could be improved to shorten the depth of sub-menu's needed to go down when applying knockout + X and Y enlargement settings. Ctrl-right click to apply KO on an individual entity works fine as it is, but when you have to repeat this for several or more entities and not always at once it requires going in and out of the menu's which takes time plus re-typing in the X and Y values each time.
#66840 by joshhuggins
Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:41 am
I see what your saying for the Ctrl+Right Click menus now. Yeah they are a little slow because we have to keep re-clicking. I primary use double click to open the dimension/text properties, mainly because it seems a bit quicker for me than having to keep re-selecting the same entity over and over. From there I use the drop downs, but even there things could be a bit more accessible. If all of the entity properties were available there first instead of having to turn on knockouts, hit apply and then check what settings we need to adjust. I would like to see all the entities properties all at once instead of having some of them hidden if turned off. I don't mind a larger or wider entity property dialog that gives me everything in one view without having to apply something to reveal more functionality. Same thing with the Prefix and Suffix for Assoc. Dims. & Scale Type's Stacked Fraction options, etc.. In the Datacad Menus it kind of made sense to hide things since there was usually some sort of space limitation, but with the dialogs, that really shouldn't be an issue other than poor Dave having to keep things playing nice between the different entity property dialogs I would think. :mrgreen:

As for the Ctrl+Right click menu, could probably do the same thing with pop-up menu, but screen positioning might get a wonky on larger popup menus and you would still have to keep re-selecting the entity to adjust the settings :? . I would almost say to leave it the way it is here and just using the ctrl+right click for those times when you know you are only changing a single value on a single entity, unless someone can think of something better that might help?

For the Change menu, only thing I could think of here would be if the EGAFMLs menu stayed in the menu at all times while in the S5 More... menu, then you could access them directly like when you are in the main Change Menu, and it would apply any settings set in the main change and more menus. I'm not sure what else could be done much faster, since the way it's set up now allows us to easily apply so many changes at once.
#66845 by Mark Bell
Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:18 am
Hi Josh,

I don't think any new amendments would be too difficult to implement as it's more about adding some shortcuts in the menus for frequently used changes.
#66947 by Mark Bell
Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:55 pm
The Batch Plot works pretty well when we need a quick output of all the drawing file MSP's output to PDF. Engineer's also want the dwg's as well and adding a Batch Output - DWG (or other options) would be useful. I envisage it could be a direct export of all the MSP details as displayed but without the need to create the Bind Current (or perhaps this happens in the background without the new sheets being saved?).
#66952 by Mark Bell
Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:43 pm
When I use the ctrl-right click / relocate over a dimension then re-position the dimension, the text doesn't relocate and is left in its original position. This only occurs when I have used the dims/change/text position command first prior to using the relocate command.
#66999 by Mark Bell
Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:14 pm
Wishlist - improve on the MSP functionality by allowing the MSP border/outline to be editing on the MSP sheet so each border of the MSP clipcube can be moved/stretched on the MSP sheet without having to MakeCurrent, make the changes to the clipcube, update the GTV/MSP detail. Being able to make these changes directly on the MSP sheet would be much better. :D
#67025 by Roger D
Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:58 pm
I've asked for that before also.
Would be nice in the status Panel, with a drop down so it can be changed there.
#67026 by joshhuggins
Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:41 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Can we get the current Plot Scale displayed all the time somewhere on the menus? Maybe an additional spot in the Status Panel? Please?

Yasss Lawd!!!!
#67027 by Mark Bell
Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:02 pm
Having the current Clipcube Z-B and Z-H settings displayed would also be useful. Alternatively, a text-flyout could be added to show these settings when you pass your crosshair over the clipcube icons?
#67029 by Mark Bell
Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:39 pm
Is there a way to set the Knockout X and Y values as a default setting somewhere? I've had a look in the Dcadwin.ini but couldn't find anything.

I'd also like to see the ability to Identify-setall on a current dimension string with knockout and X and Y values that have been edited so that new dimensions adopt the previous settings without the need to ctrl-right click each time to change the x and y values.
#67031 by joshhuggins
Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:40 am
Mark Bell wrote:Is there a way to set the Knockout X and Y values as a default setting somewhere?
Hmm could you set the values in a default drawing for each entity type?

Mark Bell wrote:I'd also like to see the ability to Identify-setall on a current dimension string with knockout and X and Y values that have been edited so that new dimensions adopt the previous settings without the need to ctrl-right click each time to change the x and y values.
Agreed, they should be included in the Set All if possible.
#67036 by Mark Bell
Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:31 pm
Hi Josh,

Nope - adding to the default file didn't work. I suspect using Knockout resets itself to x=1 and y=1 each time it's used?