What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#67058 by Mark Bell
Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:27 pm
Add the ability to Identify/pick a dimension stringline and have its length ( = distance between snaps points) shown in the readout at the bottom of the screen. The readout can be set to match the significant digits set in the Settings/Scaletype. This will provide a quick way to check whether there has been any creep with dimensions where typical dimensioning is shown to zero decimal places whereas the true measurement may be +/- 0.5mm causing the displayed dimensions to round up/down.
#67068 by joshhuggins
Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:37 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:When we Alt-I on a Smart Arrow, I would love the Smart Arrow to be toggled on.
Makes sense to me.
#67069 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:53 pm
Mark Bell wrote:Add the ability to Identify/pick a dimension stringline and have its length ( = distance between snaps points) shown in the readout at the bottom of the screen. The readout can be set to match the significant digits set in the Settings/Scaletype. This will provide a quick way to check whether there has been any creep with dimensions where typical dimensioning is shown to zero decimal places whereas the true measurement may be +/- 0.5mm causing the displayed dimensions to round up/down.

Done for the next update. But, this will only be shown for dimensions that are set to a scale other than Drawing.

Dave
#67070 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:00 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:When we Alt-I on a Smart Arrow, I would love the Smart Arrow to be toggled on.

Done for the next update.

Dave
#67072 by Dave
Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:14 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:

Dave

Can we take it a little further

http://forum.datacad.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13795&p=63779#p63779

http://forum.datacad.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13861&p=64541#p64541

What else has a programmer got to do at night. :D :) :(
#67073 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:59 pm
Dave wrote:

Dave

Can we take it a little further

http://forum.datacad.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13795&p=63779#p63779

http://forum.datacad.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13861&p=64541#p64541

What else has a programmer got to do at night. :D :) :(

Dave:

That's a wee bit more involved, yet still on my list of things to do. I haven't forgotten about it (yet!). ;)

Cheers!
Dave
#67074 by Mark Bell
Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:10 pm
Mark Bell wrote:Add the ability to Identify/pick a dimension stringline and have its length ( = distance between snaps points) shown in the readout at the bottom of the screen. The readout can be set to match the significant digits set in the Settings/Scaletype. This will provide a quick way to check whether there has been any creep with dimensions where typical dimensioning is shown to zero decimal places whereas the true measurement may be +/- 0.5mm causing the displayed dimensions to round up/down.

Done for the next update. But, this will only be shown for dimensions that are set to a scale other than Drawing.

Dave

Thanks Dave.
#67075 by Mark Bell
Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:13 pm

Dave

This feature would also work well with smart walls - Alt-I on a smart wall and the '=' toggle automatically turns on so you can start drawing using the selected smart wall type. Either press '=' or Alt-I on a 2D entity to toggle off and continue drawing with 2D entities.
#67088 by Robert Scott
Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:00 pm
Wish: For groups to behave like symbols and maintain their "grouping" when exporting a DataCAD file as a Sketchup file.
Currently symbols become components which allows ease of substitution and change in the Sketchup model. This is ideal for editing as it keeps geometry from
"sticking" together.

Robert
#67168 by Mark Bell
Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:47 am
1. In situations where multiple drawing files are open It would be useful to be able to move one or more of these drawing windows across to a second monitor for those that have multiple monitors.

2. It would be even better to be able to drag and drop/cut and paste entities from one drawing window across to another.
#67170 by jimgoodman
Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:01 am
Mark Bell wrote:1. In situations where multiple drawing files are open It would be useful to be able to move one or more of these drawing windows across to a second monitor for those that have multiple monitors.

2. It would be even better to be able to drag and drop/cut and paste entities from one drawing window across to another.

Those would be a great features to have.
#67184 by Rashid Garuba
Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:18 pm
I would like for Datacad to have a recall system of user configured distances... 3 1/2", 5 1/2", 7 1/4"... etc.. These would be easily accessible all the time..

Also when I measure something, "recent" or "previous" measurement would be nice to have ready to to be re-used.
#67186 by joshhuggins
Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:08 pm
Rashid Garuba wrote:I would like for Datacad to have a recall system of user configured distances... 3 1/2", 5 1/2", 7 1/4"... etc.. These would be easily accessible all the time..
You can modify the Distance file to have what ever distances you would like. You can Save sets of Distance files for easily recalling sets depending on what type of work you are doing. For example I have one distance file for drawing wood framed details that has common actual wood framing member sizes, and another for drawing floor plans that has common distances for things like clearances, common offsets etc.

Rashid Garuba wrote:Also when I measure something, "recent" or "previous" measurement would be nice to have ready to to be re-used.
That would be nice to have a history in the measures menu. Gets my vote! :D