Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#61286 by pkgc
Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:50 am
When I print or save to pdf, the drawing crashes and closes. This is only happening with one project (the one I really need to get out to the client this morning). All other projects are working normally.

Any ideas?
#61288 by Mark Toce
Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:42 pm
pkgc wrote:When I print or save to pdf, the drawing crashes and closes. This is only happening with one project (the one I really need to get out to the client this morning). All other projects are working normally.

Any ideas?

Have you tried purging the file?

Open the drawing file and select "Purge" from the "File" pull-down menu. Check all of the Layers, GoTo Views, MSP Sheets and Multi-View Windows to save them into the new file. In the "Purge empty or unused" section at the bottom, check everything except for "Layers." Click the "File" menu within the dialog and then choose "Save As AEC." Type a new name for the file and then pick Save. When the process is complete, close the Purge Drawing dialog, exit the file, and then open the new version of the file. Check to see if you can print successfully in the new file.
#61290 by joshhuggins
Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:09 pm
Is there a period in the file name other than before the .AEC file extension?
#61295 by pkgc
Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:23 am
I just purged the file and that did not fix the problem.

More details... When I open the file, I can sometimes work with the drawing but it crashes when I try to print. Other times I can't do anything but open and close the drawing. This was also happening before the purge.
#61298 by joshhuggins
Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:45 am
For chuckles, try saving the file without the period and try printing.
#66098 by pkgc
Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:44 am
Same problem as the post below from August 2013.
Mark Toce, when I zoom to extents I can see that there is an errant line that goes on to infinity. This is what you described at the issue last time, but I don't know how to overcome it.
Thanks
#66099 by joshhuggins
Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:48 am
After preforming a zoom extents, try deleting the entities that are out in no mans land. If you can delete them and preform a zoom extents that gives you normal results, close and save your drawing to purge them & then reopen the drawing and try to print again.
#66101 by pkgc
Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:09 pm
I'm able to delete the line, but then am unable to zoom into what's left. Invalid zoom window message. Then Datacad quits responding altogether and I have to close out.