What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#10357 by deliriousga
Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:21 am
I would love to see the "Layer Search" toggle button in all of the editing menues. The place I notice it missing the most is in the "Polyline" "Edit" menu. If I'm having trouble grabbing the correct edge I have to go back out to another function like "Delete" to toggle the "Layer Search" off.
#10361 by joshhuggins
Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:33 am
Yeah this would be very nice. I usually end up having to mouse over to the status panel's toggle, which is slow for me to remember "hmmm I know there is a way to toggle this... mmm.....oh yeah, status panel." But not everyone has the status panel turned on, so they are out of luck :(
#10374 by Paul Nida
Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:10 pm
You do realize, of course that the " ' " single quote key toggles layer search on and off.
#10378 by joshhuggins
Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:35 pm
Paul Nida wrote:You do realize, of course that the " ' " single quote key toggles layer search on and off.
Not on my keyboard layout :wink: Which I realize is my problem. I usually have it toggled on, but when I'm in a menu it's nice to be able to hit the F# keys as my fingers are already there for EGAFM commands. I guess it would be EGAFML if this was added everywhere huh?
#11430 by deliriousga
Tue May 09, 2006 10:50 am
Paul Nida wrote:You do realize, of course that the " ' " single quote key toggles layer search on and off.
I didn't know this. I'll have to try it out and see what happens. I'd still like to see it on the menu board so at least you know if it's on or off, but nice to learn a new short cut.
#11443 by Paul Nida
Tue May 09, 2006 1:09 pm
If you have the Status Bar turned on, there is a layer search toggle button on there also. That would work for you too Josh, if you keep it turned on.
#11460 by Dick Eades
Wed May 10, 2006 10:29 am
Not only is that a toggle, but the appearance of the button changes to indicate whether it is on or off.