What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#11934 by deliriousga
Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:24 am
We currently have to set the DataCAD program to view or not view nested XREFs. Since we use nested XREFs to reference one floor on top of the other, we turn off the nested XREFs in the tools menu to speed up the refresh and also keep from accidentally having their layer turned on when we plot. The problem is some of our projects have nested XREFs that are a part of the final plot. When we open those files, half of the file is missing until you eventually remember view nested XREFs is turned off.

It would be nice to have one or both of these options to view nested XREFs.

1) By File: Set the "View Nested XREFs" by file. It would be like the linetype, hatch pattern, etc. where whatever was selected before you closed the file is the default when you open that file in the future.

2) By XREF: This would be a setting in the reference manager where you can choose to "View Nested XREFs" that are in the file you are referencing. It could be a button in the reference manager where the "Refresh", "Reload", "Bind", etc. are located.

I hope that makes sense.
#11938 by deliriousga
Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:37 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:Hi John,

If I understand what you are asking, you can do this now: if you turn on the global ability to view nested XRef's, and if you toggle nesting in the individual XRef's?
Where is the global setting? In the tools menu, all I have is "View Nested XREFs" and "Inherit Current Highlight Setting".

With that, I guess this is a Thank You rather than a wish. :D
#11940 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:45 am
Hello John,

The Tools/Program Prefs/Misc/Display Nested XRefs is the global setting I was refering to. The individual nesting On/Off setting can either be done in the RFM, or by Control/Right-clicking on the XRef itself.
#11946 by deliriousga
Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:02 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Hello John,

The Tools/Program Prefs/Misc/Display Nested XRefs is the global setting I was refering to. The individual nesting On/Off setting can either be done in the RFM, or by Control/Right-clicking on the XRef itself.
Aaahh, I completely misunderstood the function of that. I thought you had to turn the nesting on in the tools menu to be able to see any of the nested XREFs. That's perfect.

THANKS! :D