What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#12091 by MtnArch
Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:29 pm
It would REALLY be sweet if the Open dialog box would automatically list ALL of the different file types that DC can open directly (ie. DC5, AEC, DWG, etc.) without having to pick a different file type from a drop-down list.

This might also be a pre-set in Program Preferences for those who prefer it how it is now, and allow those of us who would like to see more to set it up the way that we'd like it.

C'mon, Dave ... Please? :)
#12093 by Tony Blasio
Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:42 pm
I wish the dialogue box would remember it's size.
#12103 by joshhuggins
Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:24 am
maybe check boxes for the default types we want to show. I'd like to see AEC, DXF & DWG standard.
#12105 by Dick Eades
Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:41 pm
I think it would be a touch of brilliance for DataCAD to assume that when we open the program, we want to work on a drawing and thereby show us the open file dialog instead of us having to choose it. If we want to do some batch plotting we can just close it, or if we want to create a new drawing there could be an option for that.
#12108 by Brian Engebretson
Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:49 pm
Dick Eades wrote:I think it would be a touch of brilliance for DataCAD to assume that when we open the program, we want to work on a drawing and thereby show us the open file dialog instead of us having to choose it. If we want to do some batch plotting we can just close it, or if we want to create a new drawing there could be an option for that.

I agree, but the people that use “Recent Files” and “Recent Folders” from the File pull down menu a lot would have a fit. Perhaps there is a way to add those to the Open Drawing dialog box?
#12110 by joshhuggins
Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:21 pm
If it's an option, and we can have it all :D
#12191 by deliriousga
Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:41 am
I'd love to have this feature too. :D

joshhuggins wrote:maybe check boxes for the default types we want to show. I'd like to see AEC, DXF & DWG standard.
Excellent idea!