What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#12467 by Brian Engebretson
Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:48 pm
How about if in the file menu below “Recent files” and “Recent folders” we had an option for “Favorite Files/Folders”? I find that I have a handful of folders that I use a lot. It might be nice to have a link back to those. As I type this I realize I might be able to set up some sort of windows shortcuts outside of DataCAD that I could rig to work somehow, but it might be nice to have it incorporated into DataCAD.
#12469 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:26 pm
Hello Brian,

Do you have your Recent list expanded to 10? If not, if you add these Max=10 lines in these sections in the DcadWin.INI file:

Code: Select all[Recent File List]
Max=10

[Recent Folder List]
Max=10

...you get 10 items listed! :)
#12478 by Brian Engebretson
Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:21 am
Yep, I have that. I jump around a lot, and the folders I want never seem to be there. Not a big deal. I don't want Dave and Co. to drop what they are doing to add this, but maybe add it to the list of things to do...way down at the bottom. :D
#12482 by Dick Eades
Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:24 am
When you have the FileOpen dialog on screen there is a side panel where you can access several categories by icon including My Recent Documents. I found that the list of those went back about 4 months. That came in handy just yesterday for me.

I think there is also a way in Windows to set this up to show My Favorites where you can build your own list but I don't know how to do it.