What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#73672 by joshhuggins
Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:48 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:Then arrows shall be the default. I've externalized it so that the characters used to separate the name from the path are specified in dcadwin.msg.
Smart on letting users set the separator, thanks Dave.
#73673 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:54 pm
joshhuggins wrote:
David A. Giesselman wrote:Then arrows shall be the default. I've externalized it so that the characters used to separate the name from the path are specified in dcadwin.msg.
Smart on letting users set the separator, thanks Dave.

I'm a little slow, but I'm learning. ;)
#73762 by joshhuggins
Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:22 pm
Can the DWG Import Entity Assignments [Transfer.INI] dialog box be re-sizeable so the linetype assignments section can be enlarged please? When Autocad binds it's xrefs, it prefixes the linetype names with the file names, even more so if the file had nested xrefs. Ends up we can't see the actual linetype used and we don't know what linetype to map to.

EDIT: Related, if you select one of the really long linetype names, it runs off outside the namespace down below and runs behind where it says what the linetype "becomes" and the drop down.
Attachments
transferini.JPG
transferini.JPG (70.37 KiB) Viewed 763 times
#73769 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:33 am
joshhuggins wrote:Can the DWG Import Entity Assignments [Transfer.INI] dialog box be re-sizeable so the linetype assignments section can be enlarged please? When Autocad binds it's xrefs, it prefixes the linetype names with the file names, even more so if the file had nested xrefs. Ends up we can't see the actual linetype used and we don't know what linetype to map to.

EDIT: Related, if you select one of the really long linetype names, it runs off outside the namespace down below and runs behind where it says what the linetype "becomes" and the drop down.

Josh,

Send in a drawing that demonstrates this please.

Dave
#74015 by joshhuggins
Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:56 pm
Could we get S6 Distance*2 added into the Stretch/Move selection menus? I would have bet money I had this on my wish list before but looks like it's not. Lots of times when stretching a lot of things in plans we need to stretch our main distance for the bulk of the entities, but a lot of the times while traversing the plans we will need to split the difference to keep objects centered which Distance /2 makes handy to split the distance down but then we need to continue on stretching the bulk of the entities at the original distance as we continue on which if we could hit a Distance *2 it would put us back at the original distance. I usually have to reactivate the command and then use the Previous *2 but having it front in center would save a lot of in & out of menus. Mmmmmm In-N-Out.
Image
#74017 by MtnArch
Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:17 pm
Add me to this wishlist item!
#74019 by melina
Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:52 pm
Josh - you had this on your list in 2010 & 2015 (at least) and Neil did last year.

I'm all for this oldie, but goodie wish for Stretch, Move & Copy (pretty please!), but I thought Dave had a wise reason of why he hasn't implemented yet.
#74026 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:40 pm
melina wrote:... I'm all for this oldie, but goodie wish for Stretch, Move & Copy (pretty please!), but I thought Dave had a wise reason of why he hasn't implemented yet.

Melina, you have an excellent memory. Here are a few of the roadblocks in the way:

  • I could add it at S6 in 2D & 3D Move in the menus where you are prompted to select the entities to move.
  • For the 2D Copy menu, S6 is already occupied by Drag. So, Drag would have to be moved to S9.
  • I could add it the the 2D & 3D Stretch menus at the same point as in the Move menus.
Dave
#74027 by joshhuggins
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:44 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:
melina wrote:... I'm all for this oldie, but goodie wish for Stretch, Move & Copy (pretty please!), but I thought Dave had a wise reason of why he hasn't implemented yet.

Melina, you have an excellent memory. Here are a few of the roadblocks in the way:

  • I could add it at S6 in 2D & 3D Move in the menus where you are prompted to select the entities to move.
  • For the 2D Copy menu, S6 is already occupied by Drag. So, Drag would have to be moved to S9.
  • I could add it the the 2D & 3D Stretch menus at the same point as in the Move menus.
Dave

Sounds great to mee!
#74031 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:17 pm
AllRightyThen, coming to a Subscription update soon.

Dave
#74032 by melina
Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:20 pm
I'll just throw out putting this item at S8 instead. It would mean moving "Keep Groups" around instead (maybe S3 in 3d menus, S9 in 2D menus or some such semi-consistent thing).

This way *2 would be below /2 like it is in the New Distance Menu. Just a thought.
#74034 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:34 pm
melina wrote:I'll just throw out putting this item at S8 instead. It would mean moving "Keep Groups" around instead (maybe S3 in 3d menus, S9 in 2D menus or some such semi-consistent thing).

This way *2 would be below /2 like it is in the New Distance Menu. Just a thought.

I think I'd rather move "Dist / 2" to S6 and add "Dist * 2" to S7, but I get your point.

Dave
#74035 by melina
Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:43 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:I think I'd rather move "Dist / 2" to S6 and add "Dist * 2" to S7, but I get your point.

Dave


...and that is why you are in charge! :D
#74036 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:28 pm
melina wrote:
David A. Giesselman wrote:I think I'd rather move "Dist / 2" to S6 and add "Dist * 2" to S7, but I get your point.

Dave


...and that is why you are in charge! :D

Kinda scary huh? ;)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

About DataCAD Forum

The DataCAD Forum is a FREE online community we provide to enhance your experience with DataCAD.

We hope you'll visit often to get answers, share ideas, and interact with other DataCAD users around the world.

DataCAD

Software for AEC Professionals Since 1984