What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#79687 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:22 pm
This is not a big wish - when doing as built drawings, we sometimes write dims in feet and inches, and other times in inches. So, when we dimension the drawing to check things, and to look for how to resolve an issue, it is easiest to have the dims in the units that we measured them. Can we have a quicker way to change a number / group of dims from the drawing default feet and inches to inches? Right clicking and selecting Properties, then the pulldown menu to select Inch/Frac and then click Apply to every dim takes more time that I'd like.
#79688 by Roger D
Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:37 pm
What about
Change/Dimensions/Lock Scale and then select by area/group
#79689 by joshhuggins
Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:38 pm
You can use the F0 Change, S9 Dims, S1 Units. I think I changed the default label for S1 so that button name may be different. I have toolbar buttons setup for the different scales and things like fraction rounding and then another to change the dims back to per Drawing. Here are some examples.
Code: Select allHint12=Change Dimension To Drawing
Icon12=Dim - Change Drawing-32
A12=^;^F0^S9^S1^F1^S6^S0^F1^

Hint13=Change Dimension To Architectural
Icon13=Dim - Change Arch-32
A13=^;^F0^S9^S1^F2^S6^S0^F1^

Hint14=Change Dimension To Inch
Icon14=Dim - Change Inch-32
A14=^;^F0^S9^S1^F5^S0^F1^

Hint15=Change Dimension To Decimal
Icon15=Dim - Change Dec-32
A15=^;^F0^S9^S1^F4^S5^S5^2$^S0^

Hint16=Change Dimension To Inch Decimal
Icon16=Dim - Change Inch Dec-32
A16=^;^F0^S9^S1^F6^S5^S5^2$^S0^

Haha Roger beat me :lol:
#79694 by Neil Blanchard
Mon May 03, 2021 8:29 am
Okay, I should have posted this to the "How Do I ..." section. I didn't realize the Lock Scale option lets you choose the new scale type.

Here's a Wish List item - to make the T Intersection cleanup simpler and faster. The "select line to trim to" should not be required. Here's an illustration:

T Intersection Cleanup.png

In any of these situations, the intended trim line is ALWAYS going to be the line near the cursor. I have drawn the selection areas, and there is no reason to have to select the line to trim to. If you ever trimmed to the other line of the vertical wall in this illustration, it would result in an "Escher" wall that folds space in a way that would never exist.

T Intersection Cleanup-02.png
Last edited by Neil Blanchard on Mon May 03, 2021 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#79695 by David Porter
Mon May 03, 2021 11:58 am
For quick changing the dimensions to lock them in at another scale type, I created alias' so that pressing the CRTL, space bar, and a couple of letters, gets me right to picking the dimension to change or to encircle all dimensions using the Window menu choice. Below are my aliases

Change dimen to inches:
[CHIN]
comment=Change dimen to locked inches
alias=^:^F8^F1^S8^S1^F5^S0^F1^

Change dimen to decimal (I use this a lot with site plans to match up to the decimal dims used by surveyors):
[CHDEC]
comment=Change dimen to locked decimel 2 places
alias=^:^F8^F1^S8^S1^F4^S5^S4^S5^F2^S0^S0^F1^
#79696 by joshhuggins
Mon May 03, 2021 1:39 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Okay, I should have posted this to the "How Do I ..." section. I didn't realize the Lock Scale option lets you choose the new scale type.

Here's a Wish List item - to make the T Intersection cleanup simpler and faster. The "select line to trim to" should not be required. Here's an illustration:

In any of these situations, the intended trim line is ALWAYS going to be the line near the cursor. I have drawn the selection areas, and there is no reason to have to select the line to trim to. If you ever trimmed to the other line of the vertical wall in this illustration, it would result in an "Escher" wall that folds space in a way that would never exist.

I think the option is given so if you have another set of vertical wall lines say to the left of the ones shown, you could pick that to clean to instead and then do a X cleanup at your first wall line set if needed. I guess the wish could then be to have an inferred option if a pair of wall lines is included in the selection area.
#79697 by Paul Nida
Mon May 03, 2021 5:28 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Okay, I should have posted this to the "How Do I ..." section. I didn't realize the Lock Scale option lets you choose the new scale type.

I prefer it the way it is so if you do make a change make it an option that can be set to leave it as it is
#81060 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:26 am
We could use a GTV Manager - just like we use the Layer Manager. On projects with as many as 11 or 12 menu pages of GTVs - they need to be reordered and/or renamed, and paging between all the menus to do this can get tedious.

Maybe - a tab can be added to the LM for a GTVM? We have the GTV Update function on the LM - this could be expanded to function as a GTV Manager?
#81331 by Joseph Baron
Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:36 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:Here's a wish that probably has been requested before - when you have the cursor "tilted" with Tangents, it would be excellent to have horizontal and vertical dimensions be automatically "tilted" to the same angle as the cursor.

That is a great idea. Maybe just have tangents set the 'Rotated' dimension angle?
#81340 by Joseph Baron
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:10 pm
Can we have the APERTURE use the same settings as FAT CURSOR?
Attachments
DataCAD Aperture.jpg
DataCAD Aperture.jpg (1.51 KiB) Viewed 8846 times
#81351 by joshhuggins
Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:15 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:I would like it if Stacked Fractions also applied to Inch/Fraction associative dims.
It can. :wink:

Neil Blanchard wrote:And can we get associative diameter and radius dims, please?
Gets my vote! :D