What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#61796 by joshhuggins
Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:16 am
David A. Giesselman wrote:
Neil Blanchard wrote:In the Mirror menu, it would be great to have a Bisect option, in addition to Entity and Previous Line.

Bisect what?
I'd guess letting us pick two lines like the tangents bisect and it would draw the mirror line along the bisecting line. Sounds really useful to me. Once you think about it, it makes you think hmmm how'd we miss that one for so long.
#61798 by jimgoodman
Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:30 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:I'm thinking it would work like the Tangents Bisect? Pick two lines and the Mirror line would bisect the angle between them.

Yea Baby!! - that would save the need to go to the tangents menu and set the cursor to the bisected angle and then reset everything once the mirror has been completed.

I am thinking that might be useful for other editing commands as well - 1 line trim for example.
#61802 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:11 pm
Okay ... Bisect the included or excluded angle?
#61805 by Paul Nida
Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:09 pm
I can already do this by using Tangents/Bisect before defining my mirror line, but I would think bisecting the included or excluded angle would give you the same result.
#61815 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:18 pm
This is an old wish. We could save a step in the 'T' Intersection cleanup - it will NEVER need to look like the upper wall intersection (near to the yellow cursor); it will always look like the lower one:

So, the one wall that is the "stem" of the T will always trim to the near side of the top wall of the T. No matter where the lines end - if they don't touch, or if they pass by, or if they are unequal - the included endpoints of the "stem" wall will always clean to side nearest to the other ends of those lines.

The picture makes this clearer than the words. We should just be able to draw a box around a T intersection; just like with an X intersection.

Taking this farther - we really only need one crossing cleanup tool. If the four lines cross and there are no endpoints - it is an X intersection, and it gets cleaned accordingly. If there are four lines, and two parallel lines have endpoints included, then it is a T intersection and gets cleaned to look like a T intersection.
#61818 by joshhuggins
Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:08 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Taking this farther - we really only need one crossing cleanup tool. If the four lines cross and there are no endpoints - it is an X intersection, and it gets cleaned accordingly. If there are four lines, and two parallel lines have endpoints included, then it is a T intersection and gets cleaned to look like a T intersection.
This makes the most sense and would make everything really streamlined. Really nice Neil. Can hear poor Dave now "but I just got all the smart cleanups built!!!"
#61819 by MtnArch
Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:18 pm
I like it too, Neil!

Well, now that Dave's all rested up from being on vacation he should be up to the challenge!! :lol:
#61875 by joshhuggins
Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:07 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:I think that Locked Layers should refresh XRefs and self references. We have to be able to lock them, so they don't get erased or moved, but having to then unlock them in order to get them refreshed is counterproductive.
I did not realize this was the case, if so I agree completely. If someone needs something static, they should convert it to a symbol.
#61904 by Roger D
Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:22 pm
Be able to have a T-intersection with a fillet instead of square corner as part of the T-Intersection Command.