What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#62327 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:29 pm
Roger D wrote:There was one in Datacad Plus.

Ahh yes, no wonder I've chosen not to remember it. :/

Dave
#62329 by Mark F. Madura
Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:13 pm
joshhuggins wrote:I think it was a macro Mark M. made or something...
Devinder wrote PSymColors originally. This and all the other sample macros included with DCAL for Delphi have been recompiled for DataCAD 15 and 16.
#62341 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:41 am
I will download it and try it out - I hope it can work in the Drawing mode in the SB, because this DWG import had virtually every symbol different; even though they are almost all the same visually. Grrrr...

Mark, where is the macro download link?
#62342 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:21 pm
Neil:

If you run the DataCAD 16 Setup program, choose a Custom install and select DCAD for Delphi to be installed. You will then find this macro (among others) in the Compiled Macros folder.

Dave
#62343 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:03 pm
Thanks Dave - I'm on it now, 'cuz changing all these symbols is a pain! The DataCAD16Setup.exe installer says I have to uninstall it first, because I have already updated it to 16.00.01? :(

Do I have to deactivate it first? I've got an idea - I'll install v16 on another computer, and then copy the macro over; if this will work?
#62346 by wwwylie
Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:59 pm
Neil, I can post the macro to my dropbox for you to download if that makes it easier? I installed all of them when I upgraded to 16 - never know what you may want to try. :D
#62409 by Roger D
Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:28 am
When a Smart Entity dialog is open, and you are loading Smart items:
1. the ability to Ctrl-click on multiple names, Shift-Click a range of names to load multiple items at a time.
2. The ability to type the name and have the cursor progressively go to the name as it's typed. (would be good in Line & Hatch Manager also) (i.e. if I type New, it goes to N, then Ne, then New, etc. In the Line & Hatch Manager it goes to N then E then W, up and down the list)
3. Not to go to the top of the list when picking an item, When at the bottom of long list, I have already passed the names I do not want to load, but may need to pick one lower on the list.
#62410 by Roger D
Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:36 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:It would be lovely if when we ID'd a symbol with (a) Text Attribute(s) in it, that their plotted size is included in the information.

Also, with so many items now being smart to scale, it would be nice to have a current Plot scale added to the status panel. Maybe also one could change the scale here. (The current view scale I ignore since I'm moving around all the time.)
#62411 by joshhuggins
Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:47 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:It would be lovely if when we ID'd a symbol with (a) Text Attribute(s) in it, that their plotted size is included in the information.
Did you mean the text size to be reported? If so, don't think this would work since you could have multiple sizes of text.

Roger D wrote:Also, with so many items now being smart to scale, it would be nice to have a current Plot scale added to the status panel. Maybe also one could change the scale here. (The current view scale I ignore since I'm moving around all the time.)
I agree, replace the display scale drop down with a Plot scale drop down in the Status Panel. Can't imagine someone scales off their monitor or relates what is on the screen to an actual scale while working?
#62448 by joshhuggins
Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:53 pm
How about Shift+Arrow? Not sure I would want such a drastic change from the norm if I didn't specifically need it.