What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#60470 by Mark Bell
Fri May 31, 2013 8:00 pm
A small wishlist - when using dimensions/change text position allow the option to see the text rather than just the bounding box/outline as it will allow better placement of text/dims on the sheet in tight areas. Thanks.
#60471 by wvar
Fri May 31, 2013 8:24 pm
Mark Bell wrote:A small wishlist - when using dimensions/change text position allow the option to see the text rather than just the bounding box/outline as it will allow better placement of text/dims on the sheet in tight areas. Thanks.

A top idea Mark
#60472 by Mark Bell
Fri May 31, 2013 8:26 pm
Another wishlist to add to both the standard Set Perspective View and Sunshader is Shift lens. This allows the optical 'distortion' seen where a building tapers off and can sometimes look like its falling by straightening the outer edges to align vertically.

shift lens.jpg
shift lens.jpg (28.61 KiB) Viewed 11325 times
#60474 by wvar
Fri May 31, 2013 10:39 pm
I would like an option of selecting by area/fence and mask when moving object forwards or backwards in a layer.
#60476 by jimgoodman
Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:53 am
wvar wrote:
Mark Bell wrote:A small wishlist - when using dimensions/change text position allow the option to see the text rather than just the bounding box/outline as it will allow better placement of text/dims on the sheet in tight areas. Thanks.

A top idea Mark

Count me in on this as well. The bounding box never seems to allow accurate placement of the text string - especially when stacked fractions are used.
#60480 by joshhuggins
Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:51 am
How did we miss this one huh? Great wish.
#60489 by wvar
Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:36 pm
Please can we have the ability to select and edit more than one layer at a time when editing the highlighting of XREF layers. This would be a productivity enhancement.
#60490 by Roger D
Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:45 pm
after highlighting one layer, hitting apply, you can ctrl-right click on that layer name, copy highlight settings, then can hightlight all the other layer names that you want to match, and then Ctrl-right click and paste the highlight settings.
#60491 by Roger D
Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:49 pm
I have modified my Ctrl-Shift-A to be export-dwg-layers on, but would like to access this through a command alias so I can add to the command to turn off smart wall fills and hatch using the enhanced codes, 1063#, 1065#.
I tried using the Function #114, but this gets me to dxf export, but not sure if it's all layers, or only layers on.
Can we have some more codes? Or is there another way to do this besides manually?
#60500 by joshhuggins
Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:23 pm
How about adding to the mask tools, an option to pick a specific symbol? Move, Mask, Entity, Symbol, Specific
#60503 by joshhuggins
Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:25 pm
Could we get an ini option to disable the .d14, .d13 etc. being added to the Save As function? We used to be able to type in the filename field with the extension (ex. name.aec) and it would leave out the .d14, but I'm guessing with the last update something was changed to avoid the adding multiple extensions each time the file type drop down is changed bug. The extra periods give us trouble with PDF output from print drivers that use the file name for output and few other issues I've seen here and there. Don't want to change the output filename after the output as it breaks self xref pathing.

Edit: It also causes problems with PDF output directly from Datacad via batch plotting.
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#60530 by Roger D
Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:31 am
If I change a Sheet Name in the MultiLayout Menu, that sheet should not automatically be deleted from the selected sheets to plot in the Batch Plot Sheet Selections.
#60531 by Mark F. Madura
Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:48 am
Mark Bell wrote:Another wishlist to add to both the standard Set Perspective View and Sunshader is Shift lens. This allows the optical 'distortion' seen where a building tapers off and can sometimes look like its falling by straightening the outer edges to align vertically.

There are two products I use to perform 'shift lens' transformations on renderings and photographs.

ShiftN
http://www.shiftn.de/

DxO ViewPoint
http://www.dxo.com/intl/photography/dxo-viewpoint

In DataCAD's Set Perspective menu, you can toggle on Pan View. After you set up your perspective using a normal angle lens at the base of your building, you can then perform a Zoom Extents and DataCAD will fit the perspective view to the drawing window. This enables you to see beyond the limits of the lens.

In the Object Viewer and Sun Shader you can only widen you lens as desired, then 'walk' far enough away to fit the building in the viewport.
ShiftLens.jpg
Examples: Sun Shader, Hidden-line Removal, and o2c
ShiftLens.jpg (592.23 KiB) Viewed 10963 times
Last edited by Mark F. Madura on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added attachment.
#60535 by Roger D
Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:06 pm
Change Match All
With a smart arrow, it changes the leader color, but not the arrow fill color.