What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#3240 by sledge
Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:36 pm
Superfluous lines eg around circular downpipes, and extrusion holes in precast slabs when viewed from the side etc. etc. are not required and over complicate documentation.
Using hidden line removal to overcome this takes too much time and throws all entities onto one layer (which is not desireable).

I was able to do the preliminary documentation for a $6m building using a single 3d model and produce 16 A1 drawings ready for the consultants in a week and a quarter using this technique. I had to revert to the old 2d process however when I discovered that there appeared to be no way out of this problem.

3d Datacad could be very productive as a documentation tool if this is overcome. Other programs like ArchiCAD which cleans up sections etc as a matter of course.

Thanks
Sledge
#3258 by Miguel Palaoro
Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:12 pm
Hello,

I do believe this could be a good improvement.
I can remind that when we insert a 3d window into a vertical polygon, it triangularizes the wall, but the fractions are not viewed because the internal edges are set to invisible.

This could be a good way to treat the divisions in cylinders, after the HLR.

The result can be so cleared up, as you suggest.

Thanks,
Miguel