What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#50681 by Rick Oswalt
Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:44 am
If I switch to Firefox then right click on the image, click open image, it comes up?
#50683 by joshhuggins
Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:43 am
Hmmm it's just a PNG file. Im using IE8 version 8.0.7600.16385
#50685 by joshhuggins
Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:48 am
O.K. too funny, now I can't see Neil's, unless I copy the address of the image and past it into a new window. It might be something postimage.org is doing to try to save bandwidth. I used the Add Image To Your Post tool to upload it, but then I opened the full size version and used the full size images address and put that into a [img] tag to show the full size image directly in the post. I won't do that anymore :wink:
#50981 by joshhuggins
Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:32 pm
It would be nice if when we using Move/Copy that when we are prompted to Click the point to drag from, that there was a At Center option in the menu that would pick the center of the selected entities like the S3 At Center in the clipboard select menu.
#50985 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:26 pm
Nice shot, Cousin.
#51375 by joshhuggins
Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:28 am
I don't know if it's possible or not, but it would be nice if you open a symbol from a drawing that it could use the drawings printer settings vs. it always resetting to no printer setup.
#51476 by joshhuggins
Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:08 pm
I wish we could store light sources inside symbols. Having them be maybe a small piece of geometry or maybe just a point that would have light data stored in it's database/file. Each lightpoint, hmm I like that name, could have the shader setting info stored in it. And maybe allow saving the shader settings to ini files so we can save light sources info to file to easily load them into these light points.
#51835 by joshhuggins
Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:38 pm
Tile-able polyline textures, with a scale adjusments like the materials have.
#51839 by Miguel Palaoro
Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:19 am
joshhuggins wrote:I wish we could store light sources inside symbols.

That would be really handy!
I second it, cousin.
#51926 by joshhuggins
Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:15 pm
The ability to Change, More, Hatch, Hatch Type, (all settings from Hatch Type Menu). This way we can apply hatch type settings independent of the hatch menu which forces you to set the correct hatch settings for each different hatch "type".
#51927 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:42 am
joshhuggins wrote:The ability to Change, More, Hatch, Hatch Type, (all settings from Hatch Type Menu). This way we can apply hatch type settings independent of the hatch menu which forces you to set the correct hatch settings for each different hatch "type".

I like the idea. And suspect that it could be a kind of Custom Hatch Style (different from regular Hatch Style which is a hatch distribution guide in fact).
It might be reached via Context menu, as an additional option for handling that kind of "polyline", as a hatch. This would work only for Associative hatches, of course.
#52029 by joshhuggins
Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:48 am
joshhuggins wrote:It would be nice to be able to create multiple color translation files that we would be able to load at the import and export dialogs. Right now it's pretty straight forward to create/adjust the default.tbl using the DWG TrueView to view a clients ctb file and then adjust the translation table, the clincher is having to swap out the single tbl file each time, and keeping them stashed away in different folders. The swapping out of the default.tbl in the file system is a little much for some users. Maybe adding a path option \support files\Translation Tables?

Color Mapper

Color Translation Export

Color Translation Import
#52211 by joshhuggins
Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:26 pm
I think I have a possible answer to a somewhat big wish we've had of being able to fill multiple attributes by filling out a single visible attribute in the Edit/Customize Symbol Attribute dialog. Right now when we set an attribute to Locked, it is hidden from the users view when using the Edit/Customize Symbol Attribute dialog and only reads information from the Value field, EVEN if you have the attribute set to use the Datbase linkage. If it could be tweaked so if Locked, & Database linkage is set to Field Filled By Lookup, that it would still hide the field in the Edit/Customize Symbol Attribute dialog, but display the data in the symbol according to the lookup. Seems like this should be an easy solution, I hope it is. Thanks!
#52729 by joshhuggins
Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:44 pm
:idea: It would be handy if when you make a selection using Fence in the Move or Copy commands (and other commands?) if when your Max Lines limit is passed it could show the boundary of the fence vs. the square extents box. It would help see the actual boundaries of the objects being selected better and help in locating things when not moving by specific points.