What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#51628 by MtnArch
Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:05 pm
... we could xref DWG files (and DXF files, but not as much) into an AEC file, instead of having to import it to a new AEC file, THEN xref'g the AEC file in.
#51896 by MtnArch
Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:04 pm
... we had a CTRL hotkey that could bring up the Xref Orphans dialog box the way that CTRL-R brings up the Xref dialog box.

I have a drafter that won't map her subdirectory of my project(s) to match my drive path, and it's a pain redefining the paths in every file by having to mouse to it every time! :(
#51897 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:33 pm
MtnArch wrote:... we had a CTRL hotkey that could bring up the Xref Orphans dialog box the way that CTRL-R brings up the Xref dialog box.

Hmm, add one to your .MNU file?

Code: Select allOrphans|Shift+Ctrl+O|

Dave
#51898 by MtnArch
Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:09 pm
OH, SURE ... now **I** have to add it? :shock: What am I to you ... a coder?!?! :roll:

:lol:

Thanks, Dave!!! I'll add it right now! If that's not listening to a user, what is? :D
#51899 by MtnArch
Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:12 pm
I'm assuming that I replace the existing "Orphans" entry with this?
#51900 by MtnArch
Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:19 pm
Well, I'll be darned ... the code worked! :o

(Don't worry, Dave ... I won't try to compete with you to be the DC coder - I'll stick with my day job!!!) :wink:

Like, totally awesome, dude! :D
#53085 by MtnArch
Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:32 pm
... that when Dcad translates a drawing to DWG format it will name the give each font a style name of what the font's name actually is (ie. if I used "davehand" in my AEC file, the DWG file would identify it as text style "davehand" that uses "davehand.shx").