What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#3801 by csteidel
Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:32 pm
1. There needs to be a way to display a sample of each hatch pattern that doesn't permit patterns at tiny little scales to start filling in the window slowly, or else dump you right out of the drawing. A way that doesnt depend on setting display parameters for each pattern. Can't it just be set up to display a certain number of pattern repetitions independent of scale? Let the program show some intelligence!

2. In the batch plot dialog, there shouild be a way to easily add multiple instances of the same file (so you can print multiple multi-page sets COLLATED) instead of having to browse each time back to the same file.
#3803 by Nick Pyner
Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:42 am
csteidel wrote:1. There needs to be a way to display a sample of each hatch pattern that doesn't permit patterns at tiny little scales to start filling in the window slowly, or else dump you right out of the drawing. A way that doesnt depend on setting display parameters for each pattern. Can't it just be set up to display a certain number of pattern repetitions independent of scale? Let the program show some intelligence!

LOL, Intelligence? I submit dumbing is the word. Back in the days of hairy-chested DataCad DOS what you got was a nice readable POF. No matter what the scale of the hatch, or any other scale, a POF, was a POF. was a POF. It was a simple life and nobody complained, did they?
Having said that, I trhought DG et cie. had done something about it. It doesn't seem to be the intolerable problem it was.

2. In the batch plot dialog, there shouild be a way to easily add multiple instances of the same file (so you can print multiple multi-page sets COLLATED) instead of having to browse each time back to the same file.

Indeed, and I believe much the same can be said for Acrobat Reader and several others.
#3804 by Nick Pyner
Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:48 am
Nick Pyner wrote:1. There needs to be a way to display a sample of each hatch pattern that doesn't permit patterns at tiny little scales to start filling in the window slowly, or else dump you right out of the drawing.

I realise now that that was sloppy response

Nick Pyner wrote: blather blather A way that doesnt depend on setting display parameters for each pattern.

And if I go about it more intelligently, maybe

Nick Pyner wrote:Can't it just be set up to display a certain number of pattern repetitions independent of scale? Let the program show some

I can break up a quote, just like on the DBUG Forum!!

Yep, it looks like it works.
Pardon me, guys and gals.