What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#53070 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:17 am
Hello,

In the Reference File Manager (RFM) if we could have a "radio button" next to the GTV's, that showed black indicator of which GTV is "active" in that Reference File, and have it grayed if you selected a GTV and then toggled on/off some layer(s).

Another helpful thing, would be to have the layer where each Reference File is, listed to the right of the file name. If you then click on the layer name, you could make that layer Active, so you can determine which one is which.
#53661 by joshhuggins
Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:39 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Nesting defaulting to Off would be much better.
Yeah this one gets a big vote from me. We have to remember to turn it off every time we open a drawing and insert a xref.

Neil Blanchard wrote:Dynamic Snapping (indicator) should also be Off by default.
We have Dynamic Snapping Indicator & Hints turned off in the Program Prefs and they stay turned off across drawings. Is there something else to this wish I'm missing?
#53663 by Paul Nida
Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:06 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:A couple more Reference File wishes:

Nesting defaulting to Off would be much better.

I disagree, I would say an OPTION to have it default to off would be better. We need nesting on more often than not.

Neil Blanchard wrote:Dynamic Snapping (indicator) should also be Off by default.

Like Josh we have it turned off in Program Preferences and it doesn't seem to be a problem.
#53665 by joshhuggins
Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:43 pm
Paul Nida wrote:I disagree, I would say an OPTION to have it default to off would be better. We need nesting on more often than not.
Paul's right, I think it should be an option too as I'm sure the differance here is in the single vs. multifile working methods which is fine. Good eye Paul. :wink:
#53666 by Roger D
Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:45 pm
Sounds like this is a personal or office default file setting.
#53667 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:04 pm
The dynamic snapping indicator in XRef's does not get set in Program Preferences, as far as I can tell. In other words you can have it turned on for the general drawing, but not want to have it on in each and every XRef. I'm asking for it to be off in XRef's; whether or not it is on in the program preferences.
#53668 by joshhuggins
Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:42 pm
Ahhh, now I got ya. Sounds like your wanting to have the indicators on in the drawing but not in the xrefs because of speed or visual clarity? If for speed, there is the dcadwin.ini line
Code: Select all[xrefs]
Dynamic Snapping=TRUE
that if set to FALSE, I think disables dynamic snapping all together for xrefs. If your wanting it for visual clarity probably a new ini option to go along with the one above to disable only the indicators for xrefs would probably need to be added huh?
#53673 by joshhuggins
Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:48 am
Hey anytime I can payback a little for all your shared knowledge is a treat. :D Glad it worked out for ya.