What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#53237 by Dean Buckeridge
Tue May 17, 2011 12:27 am
I have a large number of symbols set up in folders with sub folder chains to keep things organised, but navigation starts to become cumbersome. I would like 2 arrows at the top of the symbol browser window beside the Options button facing left and right as a way of going back to the previously used folders and forwards again without having to go through the folder menu. This would save me a lot of time.

Also a pop up preview window so that when you mouse over a symbol you can view it at 3 or 4 times the size before selecting it - would be very handy in trying to differentiate between similar symbols.
#53246 by Dean Buckeridge
Tue May 17, 2011 4:12 pm
Hi Neil,
I'm running dual 24inch monitors but I have a lot of symbols that I use, sometimes for specific jobs I create variations of them and if they are a reasonable size, say a whole wall element and I have 6 or 8 similar ones I will often end up picking the wrong one. Often I will have a 6 x 12 or 15 grid up and still need to scroll up and down the side bar.