What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#57234 by joshhuggins
Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:03 pm
Dude! Scoring some major points here man! This is great!
#57360 by joshhuggins
Thu May 17, 2012 12:12 pm
:idea: This is an older wish but it's still kind of an important one. We can now override an individual associated dimension's Scale Type which is a super useful feature, but what we would like to see is a way to be able to set rounding on specific dimensions. In our office we try to always keep dimension rounding turned off to ensure that our drawings are as accurate as possible and to allow details with in the same drawing to be dimensioned with a high level of precision. Inevitably we have to dimension objects where we get a dimension that that math will give us a extreme fraction, site bearings or get sloppy drawings from consultants that we do not want to adjust the drawings but need to dimension. In these cases we need to allow these dimensions to be set to a rounding tolerance that is greater than that which we want to allow for the rest of our drawings. Hope this makes sense.

:idea: On a side note something that is kind of missing from the AssocDim Properties is probably being able to set the precision (32nds, 64ths etc.) of the dimension like we can via Change, Dim, Lock Scale. (P.S. - The Change, DIM, Lock Scale menu title is incorrect, it's labeleded 'Text Style') Another little possible bug/wish is that we can't select the precisionon of a dimension if we try to Change, Dim, Lock Style, Inch/Frac.. It works correctly if we lock style to Arch.

Thanks for the ears :D
#57361 by joshhuggins
Thu May 17, 2012 1:24 pm
:idea: We are having a little issue with is MText & knockouts. When placing or resizing MText we have a habit of watching the text to fit the text as desired & not the location of the cursor, which may be quite a bit off to the right of the text when the next word to wrap is long. If the MText has knockouts turned on, the knockout on that MText is determined by the boundary that we admittedly were not paying attention to, which may inadvertently be knocking out more that we really want to knockout. I know we can and we tried turning MText boundaries on and set them to non-print, but we really don't want them turned on in the drawing. It just gets too cluttered and probably would slow down the refresh/regens. So my wish would be that when in the process of re/sizing M/PText boxes that a temporary boundary would display. While testing with the boundaries on it was just enough of a visual aid to keep notice of exactly what will be knocked out.
#57392 by joshhuggins
Tue May 22, 2012 1:57 pm
:idea: ~~~ rubs lamp ~~~ How about Horizontal & Vertical Alignment drop downs in the Text Properties dialogs?
David A. Giesselman wrote:Done for the next update.
Thanks! Just curious, did you mean the Mtext temp resize box or was it a super mega everything in this thread is 'Done for the next update' :twisted:

A fella can dream right? :wink:
#57408 by joshhuggins
Tue May 22, 2012 7:02 pm
Ahhh man...... Got too gung ho and excited to get our borders all updated using our newly created corporate graphics. Got things all set up and then (ding) :idea: I realized that these images won't export out when we export our drawings to DWG. I think for a work around, I am going to leave a copy of our old title block under our new one so when exported the old linework will export out until image export is supported in the File, Export commands. The new image based borders I can set to print on top of the old areas.
My facepalm, not yours ;)
#57457 by joshhuggins
Tue May 29, 2012 5:01 pm
:idea: Could we get a Dcadwin.ini line for the new Mirror By Entity option pretty please?
Code: Select all[General]
MirrorByEntity=FALSE
#57464 by David A. Giesselman
Wed May 30, 2012 9:17 am
joshhuggins wrote::idea: Could we get a Dcadwin.ini line for the new Mirror By Entity option pretty please?
Code: Select all[General]
MirrorByEntity=FALSE

Already done! But, it's:

[General]
2D Mirror By Entity=FALSE

Dave
#57466 by joshhuggins
Wed May 30, 2012 10:56 am
Kwel, Thanks Boss!
#57513 by joshhuggins
Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:40 pm
It would be helpful if the folder navigation dialog boxes could have a field where we could paste or type in the paths to the folders. Would also be nice if they all had unique remembered last paths.
#57959 by joshhuggins
Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:29 pm
:idea: Would it be possbile to get the PAK creator to be able to have a version selector so we could pak files down to a previous version?
#58027 by joshhuggins
Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:21 pm
:idea: Could we get an option to open a symbol's path in Windows Explorer by right clicking on a symbol in the Symbol Browser? Could probably also add Open Symbol Folder under the ctrl+right click a symbol in the drawing window, Symbols Tools, under Open in Symbol Browser. If the symbol only exists in the drawing, could set the Symbol Browser to Drawing?
#58055 by joshhuggins
Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:45 pm
:idea: How about when doing a Move/Copy, Drag, than after the entities are selected and we are prompted to pick the point to drag from, that there was a F1 By Center so we could move from the center of the extents of the selected objects so we can center them say by using Absolute Zero, or to be centered on a specific point.
#58253 by joshhuggins
Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:32 pm
Would be nice if we could have a Favorite Files & Favorite Folders list where we could have a preset list of files we use a lot like our base files. Hmmmm Now I'm wondering if I could make this into a toolbar button..... to be continued.....

[Edit:] I've got an o.k. solution using toolbars but it has a few limitations.
- You can't open drawings when there are no other drawings open.
- You have to wait thru the splash screen every time you open a drawing. This is also a problem when opening files from windows explorer. I'd guess it's license checker. Feel like a prima donna complaining about it, but it is a mild irritation :P .

Fav Files.jpg
Fav Files.jpg (37.48 KiB) Viewed 19125 times

Toolbar Code
Code: Select all[Fav Files]
DropDownCount=6
Hint=Favorite Files
Icon=Datacad Folder

Hint00=Base.aec
Icon00=Files - Base
P00=rundll32 SHELL32.DLL,ShellExec_RunDLL "M:\_Base\Base.aec"

Hint01=Commercial.aec
Icon01=Files - Commercial
P01=rundll32 SHELL32.DLL,ShellExec_RunDLL "M:\_Base\Commercial.aec"

Hint02=Engineering Layout.aec
Icon02=Files - Engineering
P02=rundll32 SHELL32.DLL,ShellExec_RunDLL "M:\_Base\Engineering Layout.aec"

Hint03=Inspections.aec
Icon03=Files - Inspections
P03=rundll32 SHELL32.DLL,ShellExec_RunDLL "M:\_Base\Inspections.aec"

Hint04=Residential.aec
Icon04=Files - Residential
P04=rundll32 SHELL32.DLL,ShellExec_RunDLL "M:\_Base\Residential.aec"

Hint05=Smart Photos.aec
Icon05=Camera
P05=rundll32 SHELL32.DLL,ShellExec_RunDLL "M:\Inspections\Inspection Templates\Smart Photos.aec"
#58284 by joshhuggins
Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:09 pm
Freetrim with Area/Crossing selection support so we can zoom zoom! :D