What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#55301 by Tony Blasio
Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:56 am
Josh,

The Saving Current Plot Scale with GTV can be turned off in the program preferences. No INI editing required. :D

dc14_CurrentPlotScale.png
dc14_CurrentPlotScale.png (9.02 KiB) Viewed 15637 times
#55302 by joshhuggins
Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:24 am
Thank you Tony, I forgot that :oops:
#55333 by joshhuggins
Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:50 pm
:idea: How about a checkbox in the layer manager that would only show layers that are currently on? Essentially removing all the off layers from the layer manager so that layers that are spread out by off layers are shown all together in the list so we don't have to hunt them down by scrolling up and down the list. I know we can sort by on/off but I try to avoid using the sorts when I'm going to be making edits (see this post)
#55343 by jimgoodman
Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:37 am
joshhuggins wrote::idea: How about a checkbox in the layer manager that would only show layers that are currently on? Essentially removing all the off layers from the layer manager so that layers that are spread out by off layers are shown all together in the list so we don't have to hunt them down by scrolling up and down the list. I know we can sort by on/off but I try to avoid using the sorts when I'm going to be making edits (see this post)

I would definitely vote for this one!
#55345 by Roger D
Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:47 am
joshhuggins wrote::idea: How about a checkbox in the layer manager that would only show layers that are currently on? Essentially removing all the off layers from the layer manager so that layers that are spread out by off layers are shown all together in the list so we don't have to hunt them down by scrolling up and down the list.

Sounds good. Add a dividing line (similar to hatch & linetype manager dialog boxes) so the active layers are on top, and the inactive are on the bottom.
Another thought, I know we have the light bulb for on/off, but I look at the name more, so if the off layers were a gray tone, that would help visibility to see what name is on.
#55346 by jimgoodman
Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:51 am
While we are overhauling the layer manager, I would like to re-enter my request for having a line or other indication for every 15 layers in the list that correspond with the classic menu pageup/pagedn lists.
I had requested this during the X3 beta testing also but it didn't make the cut. :roll:
#55349 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:20 am
Roger D wrote:Another thought, I know we have the light bulb for on/off, but I look at the name more, so if the off layers were a gray tone, that would help visibility to see what name is on.

Something like this perhaps?
LyrMgr.JPG
LyrMgr.JPG (51.64 KiB) Viewed 15591 times

Dave
#55350 by Roger D
Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:24 am
Would there also be a check box for "move active layers to top of list" or something wiser & shorter than that?
#55353 by joshhuggins
Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:43 am
David A. Giesselman wrote:Something like this perhaps?
Cool!
#55357 by joshhuggins
Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:33 pm
:idea: Could we get the Merge, Replace options for Layer Sets like there is for the individual layer Import?
#55482 by joshhuggins
Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:55 am
:idea: Would be nice if when an xref is selected in the Ref Manager that it would jump to the first "On" layer in the layer list instead of at the top of the list.
#55554 by joshhuggins
Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:37 pm
:idea: Would be nice if we could drop symbols onto covered polylines like we can on to polygons.
#55555 by joshhuggins
Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:35 pm
Absolute Zero button in the Insert Symbol menu?
Last edited by joshhuggins on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#55607 by joshhuggins
Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:15 pm
:idea: Requested by a co-worker, he wishes that when you use Line to Poly that it would not change the color of the entities. I think this make perfect sense.
#55608 by Roger D
Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:40 pm
joshhuggins wrote::use Line to Poly that it would not change the color of the entities. I think this make perfect sense.
Do an Alt-I or make sure your layer color is what you want it to be since you are creating a new entity on that layer. I like it since it tells me visually what has been changed into the polyline.