What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#17 by Tony Blasio
Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:31 am
I thought I would start this section off with a little wish I have had. I would love to be able to dynamically stretch entities. We can already move and copy things by selecting and dragging and that is what I am looking for with a dynamic stretch. Simply select the entities you want to stretch and stretch them by dragging.

Anyone else wish they had this capability? :?:

Tony

Tony Blasio
#20 by Dana Conners
Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:48 am
Would this be like the grips feature in AutoCAD?
#91 by Tony Blasio
Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:36 am
Dana,

I haven't used ACAD since version 12. If grips were in that version I didn't know it by that name.

I would just like a way to select and stretch entities without have to enter my distance first. Alot of the time this involves alot of panning. I think a Dynamic Stretch would be more efficient at times.
#166 by joshhuggins
Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:10 pm
Yeah that basically autocruds version of Grips, and they were in V12 I believe, I know they were in 14. They were little green boxes that poped up when your cursor got need the end of an entity, you could pick and dynamicly stretch. I would think there could be a way to reverse engineer the current stretch method and reverse a few equations that are currently used, but I'd wish for Mulitline text first myself :D
#188 by Dick Eades
Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:13 pm
Dynamic stretch has been a wish of mine for years but I never seemed to be able to get anyone else behind it.

Glad to hear someone else taking up the chant.
#915 by deliriousga
Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:09 am
That would be a wonderful feature!!! :D
#926 by DBrennfoerder
Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:18 am
Even SketchUp has it (often bragged upon among 'buggers). You just window any area, and grab a point to move all within the window, all crossing the window will stretch.
#959 by Miguel Palaoro
Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:33 am