What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#4057 by msharch
Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:55 pm
It would be nice to have use of the small redo and undo toolbar we had access to in dcad 10. Something small like that one. It can float or even dock it might be a nice option. Nevertheless just the old one from dcad 10 was helpful. Thanks for the consideration.
#4064 by Philip Hart
Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:49 pm
The Undo and Redo buttons are still there - just incorporated in the Standard Toolbar. Downside (relative to your request) is that they aren't in a toolbar all by themselves. I would recommend "teaching" yourself the Alt+Z and Alt+Y interrupts - which are also applicable in most Windows applications.
#4080 by archjjg
Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:24 pm
Mark, we've created a tool bar for the undo/redo that allows you to either dock it or have it floating...I'll email it over to you a bit later..
Joe
#4106 by Nick Pyner
Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:46 pm
That really amazes me. Was it worth the effort? What's wrong with using CTRL-Z and CTRL-Y, just like your secretary does in Microsoft Word?
#4112 by archjjg
Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:07 am
I'm glad you're amazed...yes, it was worth it...I'll ask our secretary
#4724 by sunplans
Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:08 pm
I too miss the floating undo / redo button and usually had it close the drawing area of my right hand. Can't seem to get it close in DCAD 11. I appreciate hearing about alt z and alt y, but also wonder if anyone has programmed a mouse so that it can undo or redo quickly. I am using a 3 button scroll mouse but have considered a 5 button one for frequently used commands such as this that already so connected to my right hand.