What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?

Which is your favorite idea?

25%
16%
8%
44%
7%
#4101 by joshhuggins
Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:51 pm
Warning! These are fake pics of my wishes/ideas that may cause excessive drooling and panting. Make sure nobodys watching :!: These are not endorsed by Datacad. These are my personal brainstorms.

Access to Datacad's ini settings from within Datacad for on the fly changes (most settings)

A Robust text manager with Style controls and saving

More control over batch plotting

Advanced layer grouping, and management

Batch Export Go-To-Views to DWG/DXF
Last edited by joshhuggins on Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.
#4110 by David Porter
Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:34 am
Man, Josh, where do you come up with these great ideas. And, to graphically format them so that they look like they really are already integrated into our program. My only criticism is that your poll only wanted our top choice. I wanted to pick all choices as favorites to get into the next DCAD update
#4119 by Sinha
Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:34 am
Josh,
You are joking right? :shock: Darn it Josh, this is awesome!!! Did you really do the fix or is it just an Illusion. I'll go for the Layer Manager. Currently I have to have a blank layer to seperate my groups. How about a search tool in that as well
#4124 by Steve Scott
Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:44 pm
Josh, you're hired! Could my 3 year old son get Nemo in the aquarium?
#4132 by joshhuggins
Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:01 pm
Sinha wrote:Josh,
Did you really do the fix or is it just an Illusion.

Nope, these are just ideas done with Photoimpact (my photo-editing program of choice). Glad everyone likes them. I think they would be very helpful. Sorry Dave :mrgreen:
Last edited by joshhuggins on Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#4411 by joshhuggins
Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:37 pm
Here's one I missed before. Insert symbol dialog box that displays the symbol's fields. I think this will be a must when symbol attrubutes and more advanced database ties are in place.
Last edited by joshhuggins on Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
#4429 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:47 am
Good suggestion Josh,

My addition is that your window could allow an on-the-fly edition of the symbol data too.

Thanks,
Miguel
#4448 by artmanvt2000
Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:17 am
Josh,
I have to say you have come up with some very interesting and innovating ideas, but I have to say for the grouping of layers it can be done now with little effort. I do it currently by using the sam name, number or abbreviation at the begining of the layers I want "Grouped" together. But I can however understand the grouping and to extend your idea a little further maybe these groups could be linked to "Goto Views".
#4452 by Steve Baldwin
Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:40 am
Hi Josh.

You are SOOO right ...... DROOL, DROOL, DROOL!!!

...Now I gotta find something to wipe all the slobber off my face!
#4453 by joshhuggins
Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:57 am
Miguel Palaoro wrote:Good suggestion Josh,

My addition is that your window could allow an on-the-fly edition of the symbol data too.

Thanks,
Miguel

Ooooo now your talking Miguel! Great idea! Maybe there could also be a edit button, to a elusive symbol editor also.
#5086 by joshhuggins
Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:33 pm
No pretty pics for this one, but sure would be cool if we could have multiple symbol browsers open :!:
Last edited by joshhuggins on Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#5090 by artmanvt2000
Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:55 pm
Josh,
I would have to disagree with multiple symbol browsers open. I would find that to clutter the screen/work area too much. I would however like to see Alt+T to open the folder dialog box when the symbol browser is already open.[/quote]
#5092 by joshhuggins
Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:01 pm
On dual monitors, it would work great for me as I have tons of room left :mrgreen: Would just be a nice option for some.
#5146 by joshhuggins
Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:23 pm
Would be nice if we could add descriptive names to the xrefs. Finding an individual xref among tons of xrefs with the same name can be time consuming. I know we can Ctrl+right click on them, but if that xref is not on the screen, we have to leave the manager, switch GTV's or turn layers on, Ctrl+Right click on the xref, apply the settings in the xref manager, exit the manager, repeat for how many xrefs need adjusting, then return to the previous GTV, or layer state again. By the time I've adjusted all the xrefs, I usually forget what I was working on before I started adjusting xrefs.

It would be cool to Ctrl+Pick, Foundation, Roof and Roof Screens, adjust the settings and hit ok and back to work where I left off before I entered the manager. Just thinking out loud..... thanks for listening :!:

Done For Version 12!
Last edited by joshhuggins on Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
#5166 by joshhuggins
Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:30 pm
It would be handy if we could get gradient fills! These can take a while trying to get around all the edges in a image editor. If we could do it in Datacad, oh the possibilities with vectors :!:

Edit: Scratch this off Spirit's 12.3 to do list :(
Last edited by joshhuggins on Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.