What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?

Which is your favorite idea?

25%
16%
8%
44%
7%
#28657 by joshhuggins
Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:08 pm
It would be nice if we could right click on a symbol in the symbol browser and select Edit, and it would open that symbol for editing and if we closed and save that symbol it updated that symbol based on if your browsing Folders or the Drawing.
#28663 by Michael Olney
Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:48 pm
joshhuggins wrote:It would be nice if we could right click on a symbol in the symbol browser and select Edit, and it would open that symbol for editing and if we closed and save that symbol it updated that symbol based on if your browsing Folders or the Drawing.

Good idea, Josh
#31735 by joshhuggins
Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:00 pm
It would be nice if the Mask tool had a spacing option, maybe under Linetypes? I need to change a bunch of lines types drawn with an incorrect 3/32" spacing and would like to change only them to 6" spacing. They are on a bunch of different layers, linetypes etc, so selecting by spacing seems to be the way to go for this as far as I can tell. Any better ideas? Thanks.
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#31736 by Chris Marrs
Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:09 pm
I agree that spacing would be a nice feature to add to mask selection , but I think it should only show up as an option if one is masking by linetype.
#31740 by joshhuggins
Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:46 pm
Chris Marrs wrote:I agree that spacing would be a nice feature to add to mask selection , but I think it should only show up as an option if one is masking by linetype.
I kind of thought that at first too, but like in my case my spacing issue is over many different linetypes and I really don't want to have to search for every linetype which may be have been effected and I surely don't want to miss one.
#31743 by Chris Marrs
Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:06 pm
After I wrote the comment, I realised that even if spacing was a separate option it wouldn't affect other linetypes if you first mask by linetype.

I can foresee some unintended results and confusion though with a selection by line spacing only if one is not careful.
#31745 by joshhuggins
Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:58 pm
Chris Marrs wrote:I can foresee some unintended results and confusion though with a selection by line spacing only if one is not careful.
That is for sure!
Last edited by joshhuggins on Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#31748 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:14 pm
joshhuggins wrote:...I need to change a bunch of lines types drawn with an incorrect 3/32" spacing and would like to change only them to 6" spacing.

Sounds good to me, Josh. But not under Linetype, hence the limitation would be dramatic, as noted on last messages.
I guess that an option "Spacing" would justify by itself.
If you consider the new 'Windows' Linestyles with its particular (real world) spacing, this subject for sure deserves a close attention. A global change will be more frequent then it's supposed now.

Great suggestion. Have my support for it.

Miguel
#31803 by joshhuggins
Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:20 pm
It would be nice if symbols could have an option to reload from the "hard drive" everytime the screen is regenerated or maybe to avoid any major delays just when the drawing is first opened, and after a forced save then update. This would not be ideal for most symbols but for things you always want to make sure has the most recent version of a symbol this would be key. I know we could use xrefs to get this type of functionality, but xrefs are a little overkill for repetitive use type symbols and then you loose all of the great accessibility and features of the symbol browser.

#31871 by joshhuggins
Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:58 pm
Ini paths for dimstyles, scales, color palettes?
#31886 by Bruce111
Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:44 am
I can not see the pictures in Josh's first post and also no way of voting, Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me. I have tried IE and Firefox but no go. Any ideas.

Many thank
#31888 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:56 am
Hello Bruce,

The missing pictures may be due to the fact that the hosting site is not working at the moment? And if you have already voted in this poll, then you cannot vote again -- that's the way this phpBB web page software works.
#31907 by joshhuggins
Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:22 pm
Bruce111 wrote:I can not see the pictures in Josh's first post and also no way of voting, Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me. I have tried IE and Firefox but no go. Any ideas.

Many thank
Sorry about that. I have been changing some of my website structuring. Those should be fixed now. Thanks for the heads up.
#31912 by joshhuggins
Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:47 pm
It would be nice if we could open .dc5 files directly from Windows Explorer like the AEC files. It brings Datacad to the foreground (or loads Datacad if not started) but doesn't load the file.
Fixed.
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#32277 by joshhuggins
Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:07 pm
I don't know if this one is feasible or desired but it seems like it would be nice if when we identify simple text if the justification would show in the attention bar, and text properties.