What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?

Which is your favorite idea?

25%
16%
8%
44%
7%
#33368 by joshhuggins
Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:02 am
I knew it sounded like a good idea ;) Thanks AJ. Couldn't find it on the online ini list. Might be a good time to update that and thecode lists if we are missing such fabtabulous features. :mrgreen:
#33832 by joshhuggins
Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:38 pm
I am really digging on the Pak-N-Go feature. It makes sending a file(s) off nice and quick, but I think it could use a few little tweaks.

:arrow: It would be nice if the "pak" was in a more accessible format like .zip It would be nice to just be able to extract files using standard means without having to launch Datacad or even having it installed.

:arrow: A Pak-N-Go export to DWG option so we can quickly send outsiders files and take advantage of the nice file structuring and other Pak-N-Go features.
#33836 by MtnArch
Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:25 pm
C'mon, Josh ... do you think that a software company would really listen to a user's suggestions? Why, they'd lose their programmers secret decoder ring if they did that!!! :twisted:

Great suggestion! I know that Dave and the crew can do it! :D
#33988 by joshhuggins
Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:58 pm
It would be nice to be able to create multiple color translation files that we would be able to load at the import and export dialogs. Right now it's pretty straight forward to create/adjust the default.tbl using the DWG TrueView to view a clients ctb file and then adjust the translation table, the clincher is having to swap out the single tbl file each time, and keeping them stashed away in different folders. The swapping out of the default.tbl in the file system is a little much for some users. Maybe adding a path option \support files\Translation Tables?

Color Mapper

Color Translation Export

Color Translation Import
Last edited by joshhuggins on Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#34106 by joshhuggins
Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:39 pm
It would very handy indeed if we could have a customizable dialog box that would open when a drawing is opened. We have some default detail sheets that when something is done in one drawing a corresponding change needs to be done in another file. A Title & Text Field we could set say under Settings, F8 Open Dialog? Thx.

#34111 by Dick Eades
Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:01 pm
I'd like to see the tbl files act separately from the rgb files. Use the tbl files for translation only and the rgb files for drawing display and plotting. Don't know if that's possible, just a thought.
#34421 by joshhuggins
Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:21 pm
I wish, I wish..... PText had individual margins for Top, Bottom, Left & Right.
#34540 by joshhuggins
Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:22 pm
Done for version 12!
It would be nice if when creating a new GTV that the existing list did not disappear. When renaming a GTV the list remains. It's handy to be able to read existing GTV's to help with naming.
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#34562 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:02 am
joshhuggins wrote:It would be nice if when creating a new GTV that the existing list did not disappear. When renaming a GTV the list remains. It's handy to be able to read existing GTV's to help with naming.

My vote for it too.

Miguel
#34566 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:23 am
joshhuggins wrote:It would be nice if when creating a new GTV that the existing list did not disappear. When renaming a GTV the list remains. It's handy to be able to read existing GTV's to help with naming.

Done for the next update.
#34617 by joshhuggins
Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:58 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:Done for the next update.
Cool much thanks Dave.
Done for version 12 also!
Another wish would be an option to save a HLR result to the clipboard. Often we don't need another layer just for HLR results. I usually will jump to the new layer just to copy the results to the clipboard only to immediately paste them into an existing layer and then go back and delete that new layer created for the HLR result. If it could copy the results to F4 Clipboard or something similar, would be great.
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#34620 by Tony Blasio
Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:18 pm
joshhuggins wrote:
David A. Giesselman wrote:Done for the next update.
Cool much thanks Dave.

Another wish would be an option to save a HLR result to the clipboard. Often we don't need another layer just for HLR results. I usually will jump to the new layer just to copy the results to the clipboard only to immediately paste them into an existing layer and then go back and delete that new layer created for the HLR result. If it could copy the results to F4 Clipboard or something similar, would be great.

Yes. Great idea Josh. I have been doing kitchen elevations using the models I have. Saving it to a layer then importing it into another drawing. This would be a big help!
#34625 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:54 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Another wish would be an option to save a HLR result to the clipboard.

Done! Also works with SaveImage in the 3D Views menu.

Dave
#34713 by joshhuggins
Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:06 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:Done! Also works with SaveImage in the 3D Views menu.

Dave
What a guy! Thanks!

You know what would be vewy vewy handy? If we could get Mtext to load text styles somehow. If the Mtext had a drop down listing the saved Text styles and could read just the related info like font name, type, and size. Or if the normal / Ptext text styles are completely incompatible, then being able to create saved styles for Mtext would be a good and probably better if they could support the MText only settings like B I U . Having to change all of your desired font settings every single time you want to start a new Mtext is not vewy handy. Or am I missing something else that handles this? Yes, it would be vewy vewy handy to have Mtext saved styles. Thanks :mrgreen:
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#35216 by joshhuggins
Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:06 pm
I wish we could redefine a symbol on the hard drive via Ctrl+right click. This would probably make for the fastest editing of symbols. Double click to edit the symbol, close and save to update the drawings version of the symbol. If needed Ctrl+right click as shown to then update the hard drive symbol. That way the only odd man out would be if you want to only update the symbol on the hard drive and not the drawings, you would then double click to edit, redefine via the symbol browser, close and not save. Since this would be the least likely to happen I think this would be fine. But being able to redefine the HD symbol on the fly via Ctrl+right click would be great. Maybe should have a prompt "Are you sure you want to over write "Path\symbolname.dsf"? Also if the symbol no longer exists on the hard drive a prompt that would say "This symbol does not exist. Would you like to create it now?" This would make recovering lost symbols a little eaiser too.