What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#55436 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:34 pm
Hello,

It would be great to have the Stacked Fraction toggle on the dimension properties dialog, so you could toggle it for a particular dimension.

It would be great to have separate arrow style settings for angle dimensions (typically I use arrows for angles, and tickmarks for linear dims). It would also be good to have angle dims be associative.

It would be good to have radius and diameter dims be associative, too.
#55439 by joshhuggins
Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:59 pm
#55479 by Mark Wilhelm
Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:41 am
Yes! to all of these, Neil. I have another one: in the "Dimension Properties" dialog, and for all the other dialogs one gets to through Identify-Right Click, any property that has only two options - yes/no, on/off - it would be quicker to have a check box than the drop-down box to make the selections. Clicking on the drop down, then selecting yes or no, takes two clicks when one would do.
#55480 by joshhuggins
Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:46 am
#55603 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:17 am
If you use arrowheads on a dimension (diameter, radius, angle) it would be great that they are not only associative, but also they should be Smart, so you can stretch 'em. :-)

Edit: another wish involving radius dimensions: we use XRef's for enlarged plans and details, and to do a radius dim, you have to trace the arc in order to dimension it. If we could have the option to pick the center and then the point to put the radius dim, then that would save the workaround.
#57695 by MtnArch
Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:40 am
Nice wish, Neil - I second it!
#57696 by Tony Blasio
Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:51 am
I'd like to see an automatic Horizontal or Vertical Dimension option. Simply pick your 2 points and if you drag the cursor up or down it is horizontal and if you drag it left or right it is vertical.
#57697 by joshhuggins
Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:18 pm