What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#56386 by Neil Blanchard
Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:27 pm
Hello,

I've nearly been burned a couple of times now with a PEBCAK -- I'm in the Erase menu and instead of hitting Alt-A to go to the Curves menu, I hit Control-A WHICH ERASES EVERYTHING! Then I have to wait for many minutes while the Control-Z Undo cycles back...

It would be wonderful to have a trapdoor query "Do you really want to Select All?" Yes / No dialog pop up whenever you hit Control-A.
#56387 by Paul Nida
Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:12 pm
I changed Ctrl A to measure area, which is what I have always used it for. And changed select all to something else, which I can't even remember what that is right now since I almost never use it.
#56388 by joshhuggins
Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:09 pm
Ctrl+A is the default Select All shortcut in Windows so I think that was the thinking behind it. You can change it to another character by editing the dcadwin.ini line
Code: Select all[General]
Select All Character=A
or remove it by leaving blank? I thought there was a dcadwin.mnu entry that had to be updated too, but I don't see one for it. Must be thinking of something else.
Last edited by joshhuggins on Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#56393 by MtnArch
Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:26 am
Maybe an "Engage brain before allowing body to move"!

:wink:
#56396 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:33 am
Yep, engaging one's brain is critical. Part of my problem is I am working with a Mac keyboard, and the Command key (aka the butterfly, equivalent to the Windows key) is next to the spacebar where the Alt key normally is, and the Alkey is between the Control key and the Command key, which is where the Windows key normally is. I did have the Command key mapped to the Control key, so my problem is when I intend to hit Alt-A I get Control-A.

I've changed the mapping, and I'll see if it takes care of my problem. The trap door would not go amiss, though?
#56401 by joshhuggins
Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:02 pm
So the REAL problem is your working on a mac? :twisted: Sorry bud couldn't help it. :wink: