What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#56936 by Mark Bell
Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:30 am
Wishlist - display the current path and symbol folder name at the top of the symbol browser.....would just make it easier knowing where 'you' are especially when there's custom folders and network paths!
#58641 by joshhuggins
Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:30 pm
An old wish we would LOOOOVE around here is a stamp or symbol attribute that would report the path & name of the symbol it is in. We do it manually now but that leads to it not getting correctly updated which makes for a booger of a mess to monitor & clean up over a large symbol directory.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (38.72 KiB) Viewed 8205 times
#58643 by Roger D
Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:07 pm
That could get a little messy, In your detail, in addition to the Title, Symbols would include:
2x sill plate
Anchor Bolt
LTT20B Strap Anchor
And then those might all be nested into a symbol if that is a standard.

I haven't had much trouble with path names when I usee the Symbol Browser, always set to "Drawing". and I do a SaveAs from there with a modified symbol, it always seems to go back to the correct path.
#58645 by joshhuggins
Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:24 am
We don't need it to report back every symbol used in the detail, just the path of the top level symbol as it's inserted into the drawing as, basicly what would be displayed in the cords & hints bar when a symbol is identified. We use Ctrl+Right Click, Symbol Tools, Save As to save to a random symbol's directory alot to create new symbols. We use the one drawing file method here so using the drawing option in the symbol browser is usually not too helpful for us as we have tons of symbols usually in the drawing. Now if we could get a Current View option that would only show symbols that are currently on the screen/layers on, that might be handy. :D All good thought Roger thanks!