What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#57256 by Lane
Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:59 am
It would be nice to be able to label smart doors and windows in the definition of the opening itself, for 2D, without loosing any parametric qualities (currently, if you add a symbol to a 2d smart door you loose the parametric frame). This labeling could be unit size, minute rating for an opening protective, etc. It would be even nicer if this labeling could accommodate sequential/variable numbering, and if it could be globally suppressed for presentation drawings.

I assume putting the label in a symbol would be preferable in terms of limiting the display to certain scales.

For doors, a label option might be added to the swing tab; or a new label tab might be added to both the door and window managers.

It would also be nice to be able to generate a report of the number and type of each smart opening - as far as I can tell, this is not currently possible. It also seems that current reporting does not include symbols nested in smart entities, which might also be useful.
#57261 by Roger D
Tue May 01, 2012 9:30 am
I currently use a symbol to have this information for each door & room.
The symbol uses 'invisible' attributes to record the size, type, hardware, glass, label, frame, frame type.
This I pull out a report and paste into a schedule.
#57262 by Lane
Tue May 01, 2012 2:15 pm
I also have symbols for rooms, doors and windows that I use for making schedules, but it would be nice if that information was attached directly to the smart entity in question. That way, if an opening moves you wouldn't have to make sure the symbol layer was on so that the symbol would move as well. And if you change a door or window type, the associated information would automatically update.