What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#57304 by Mark Wilhelm
Tue May 08, 2012 8:12 pm
As it stands, it is possible to make really nifty 2D/3D symbols to go with the models that we can now more easily create with smart entities, that look like they ought to in 2D plans and elevations, and if used straight they show properly in hidden line removed projections and in o2c. I'm attaching an image to show a problem, though, with symbols than can be trimmed to look good in 2d views, but go awry in HIDE and o2c. This is a railing model I made, which in plan shows 2 lines for the rail and a square for the line posts, and in elevation shows, well, what you see in the image. But the symbol is 6 feet long, and placing it in plan I S-clip the things to fit. Looks great in plan and elevation. But in HIDE and o2c, well, the extra balusters don't get clipped. This really needs to be fixed!

Best,
Mark Wilhelm

Rails.jpg
Typical Deck
Rails.jpg (147.94 KiB) Viewed 3258 times