What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#57385 by RDanne
Tue May 22, 2012 8:59 am
Would be great to have the ability to "weld" to identical hatches into a single polyline if they are adjacent/contiguous (maybe this can already be done?) - rd
#57386 by Paul Nida
Tue May 22, 2012 9:09 am
There is an old macro by People Software, I beleive, called 3dSite. This has a power edit tool which will weld 2 polylines together but they have to be open polylines. So to use it with a hatch you would have to delete one edge of each hatch, which of course lose the hatch pattern. Then weld the 2 polylines together and close the polyline and rehatch it. I bought it back in the mid 1990's and I don't know if it is still available.

But I agree it would be nice to have this function built into the polyline edit menu.
#57390 by joshhuggins
Tue May 22, 2012 11:13 am
You can do this now using the Polyline edit tools. For RDanne's case where they share a common face, use Poly to Line to convert the polyline to lines, erase the coplanar lines, then use Line to Poly and click on any of the lines that make up the polyline boundary and Datacad will smartly select all the lines and convert it to a single polyline.

To join to hatch/polylines that do not share a face, once again use Poly To Line to convert the polyline to lines, erase a face of each 'polyline' and then fill in the gap with lines or arcs and then use Line to poly and Datacad will smartly create a new polyline out of the chained lines/arcs. Then re-apply your hatch patterns as neededUnfortunatelyly not super easy but after doing a few it becomes pretty quick.

[youtube]tsKjRVJDhl0[/youtube]
#57582 by Mark Bell
Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:31 am
....great idea, I would have had use for this the other day rather than having to erase several and redo.