What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#57492 by Mark Bell
Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:19 pm
For some reason whenever we add images to a drawing the output plot files (PDF) end up being excessively large (some over 30mb). We've tried lower the image size down to a few hundred kB yet the PDF's created in DataCAD remain large whereas the same images in say Powerpoint saved as PDF result in only a small PDF file.

Wishlist - look into how DataCAD can save PDF's as a smaller file size.
#57497 by joshhuggins
Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:09 am
We stopped using the built in PDF writer because of the large file size. I'm guessing it's a resolution setting somewhere internal. We have been using Printer driver with great results. You can also get the pdf printer driver as part of the PDF tools pack.
#57503 by Nick Pyner
Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:58 pm
I don't think there is much difference but it seems to vary a bit with content. On a regular job I do, a file that is 22k PDF with no insert becomes 490k PDF with an A4 form in BMP added. PDFill delivers the same thing in 450k. This isn't enough to pass up on the convenience DataCad's PDF facility offers.