What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#57635 by wvar
Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:24 pm
I know that vector fonts display and refresh quicker than True Type fonts. However, sometimes we need to use True Type fonts. I find that Arial font is very slow to display when there a fair amount of text. Can the display of True Type fonts be speeded up , especially when zooming.
#57638 by MtnArch
Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:41 pm
Not the greatest of answers, but have you considered:
a) Change all fonts to an SHX font until you're ready to print/plot for real?
b) Change your value for display of fonts so that it only shows the bounding box?
#57639 by wvar
Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:12 pm
Thanks Alan.
Your suggestions do work. However, I do frequently import dwg files where the text (mostly Arial) is imported as Mtext. So changing the font is not easy. Also, I need to be able to read the text while I am working on the file so the text needs to be displayed.
Datacad needs to keep up with the 21st C in terms of speed of display. Hence my wish list.
Maybe if TTF fonts were imported as Paratext, or we had an option to import as Paratext.