What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#58015 by Mark Bell
Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:50 pm
In some situations, for example, on presentation drawings which use color fills or images as the background and where a polyline has knockout=on to hide the linework underneath it, the knockout also 'hides' the color fill. In this instance it would be good to have the option, say ctrl-right click on the polyline to have the knockout 'Ignore Fills' similar to how entities can be set to ignore a clipcube. This would allow the knockout to still hide the linework but not hide the color fill. Thanks.
#58020 by Tony Blasio
Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:57 am
You can do this now by strategically naming the layer the fill is on to make sure it comes after the layer with the KO entity. This assumes that you have the layer sort by In Order.
#58048 by Mark Bell
Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:41 pm
Thanks Tony, I'll give it a go. ... from memory, placing the fill later in the layer list 'covers' line work on layers before it. I'll play around and see if I can get it to work. A toggle to 'ignore fills' would still be a good option :D
#58179 by Tony Blasio
Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:26 am
I have to retract my previous comment. Apparently the Pen Settings Bitmap and Fills settings may be the issue. If you have Print First selected for this then KnockOuts will cover fills in plots no matter what order they are in. If you change this to In Order then the fills will display that come after but the line work is obscured around the fill.

I had a simialr issue in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=12978&p=58178#p58178

I think you are right, we need an ignore KnockOut option for Fills. OR we need a new setting to allow Fills to print in order but print first for each layer.
#58183 by Tony Blasio
Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:58 am
Pen Sort is Off, using the non-subscription version so I do not have the WYSIWYG option.

If Fills are set in the Pen Table to Print First they get KnockedOut regardless of their layer position is a KnockOut is in the same spot. You have to set the Fills setting in the Pen Table to In Order, but if you do and your fill has a differnt color/pen width than the surrounding line work it will obscure or cover it.

It is a bug for lack of a better word.