What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#4430 by Heinrich
Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:54 am
Doing architectural drafting, we use room names in every project we do. Most of the projects are commercial or government jobs so they have many, many rooms. Currently I have to go back and manually underline each name. As you could imagine this is VERY time consuming (having each line a certain distance under each name to be uniform). Having an underline feature in the text options would be great. If there is one and I have somehow missed it, please let me know. If not, then is there a code that can be entered to add one? Thanks in advance.

-Redd
#4432 by Tony Blasio
Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:07 am
There is an Underline Macro available from Cheap Tricks Ware. You might try checking it out there. I know you can set it up for a specified distance under the text. You would use this macro separately from the text entry but it works by selecting the text entity itself.

Hope this helps!
#4447 by Heinrich
Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:15 am
Found it in CTW4. Will be purchacing it post-haste. Thanks for the help.
#4450 by Dick Eades
Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:24 am
I think I remember having this in a very early version of DataCAD, probably v3 or 4 or maybe even earlier. I used it some then, but don't remember whatever happened to it. It seems like we used %U to invoke it and another %U to close it. I still see this in text that comes in from AutoCAD.
#4462 by Heinrich
Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:46 pm
I actually found CTW3 here in the office (being the new guy, its like pulling teeth to get anybody to remember where anything is). There is an underline macro just as Tony said. It works wonderfully! Its going to save me ALOT of time. Thanks again guys! :D

-Redd

P.S.=still planning on buying Vol.4 though. Too many good things on there to pass up.