What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#60926 by galenanderson
Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:37 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:
galenanderson wrote:... What i would like is an unload button that would simply save all of a reference's settings but remove the rest of the information. When I want it back on I simply reload it, and Xclips, layers and other settings are all restored.

Have you tried the Suppress option in the XREF Tools sub-menu of the [Ctrl]+Right-Click context menu?

Dave

Yeah, that's exactly what I was looking for. Would it be possible to add Suppress and unSuppress along side the Refresh/Reload/Bind/Delete/Redefine/Repath buttons in the refrence file manager?
#60927 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:02 pm
galenanderson wrote:
David A. Giesselman wrote:
galenanderson wrote:... What i would like is an unload button that would simply save all of a reference's settings but remove the rest of the information. When I want it back on I simply reload it, and Xclips, layers and other settings are all restored.

Have you tried the Suppress option in the XREF Tools sub-menu of the [Ctrl]+Right-Click context menu?

Dave

Yeah, that's exactly what I was looking for. Would it be possible to add Suppress and unSuppress along side the Refresh/Reload/Bind/Delete/Redefine/Repath buttons in the refrence file manager?

Almost anything's possible! ;)

I'll add it to the wishlist.

Dave
#60928 by joshhuggins
Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:52 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:Almost anything's possible! ;)
Oooohhhhh man gonna save this post. :mrgreen:
#60959 by galenanderson
Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:45 am
David A. Giesselman wrote:Almost anything's possible! ;)

I'll add it to the wishlist.

Dave

Thanks!!!

I have another one already. When typing MText or ParaText as far as i can tell the only way to finish is to click the OK button. Could you assign F1, F2 and F3 to OK, Cancel and SpellCheck so that I can finish the text without moving my mouse to my second display where the box pops up?
#60963 by Roger D
Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:14 am
Ctrl-Enter = Ok
Esc = cancel
and I'd recommend keeping it the same for spell check "Ctrl-F7" as when you are in the drawing area.
#61032 by joshhuggins
Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:08 pm
Would there be a way to highlight circular xrefs in the reference manager? Those abominations are a pain to track down. Maybe red text for the name or something?
#61038 by galenanderson
Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:05 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Would there be a way to highlight circular xrefs in the reference manager? Those abominations are a pain to track down. Maybe red text for the name or something?

That would make things easier. Also to combine the orphan manager with the reference manager would be great. Maybe there could be three colors of text...
#61041 by joshhuggins
Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:08 pm
galenanderson wrote:
joshhuggins wrote:Would there be a way to highlight circular xrefs in the reference manager? Those abominations are a pain to track down. Maybe red text for the name or something?

That would make things easier. Also to combine the orphan manager with the reference manager would be great. Maybe there could be three colors of text...
Or tabs at the top for xrefs and bitmaps and the tabs could get an indicators when there is an orphan.
#61150 by wvar
Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:52 pm
Please can we have the ability to temporarily ghost/fade layers while having the ability to shap to the ghosted/faded layers. This would make life easier working on multistorey plans etc.
This could be easily done by adding another column to the Layers window. Easy eh!
I know that I could use self xrefs and change highlighting. However using the layer menu would be a lot simpler and quicker for the CAD operator.
#61166 by MtnArch
Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:39 pm
My wish for today would be a "SaveAs" to turn a symbol (DSF) into a drawing (AEC). I'm finding I have some that I need to use as xref's instead of symbols, and while I can edit the symbol, and then cut 'n paste into an AEC file to then SaveAs the filename I want it, it would sure be nice to just right-click the symbol in the browser and have it save it as the AEC.

Whatcha think, Dave? After all, you DID tell Josh that anything's possible!
#61249 by Mark Bell
Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:18 pm
1. Add the ability to output to a single PDF file when batch plotting to file (PDF) as an option to creating individual PDF files for each sheet. We're getting more requests for a single PDF file incorporating all plot sheets rather than individual sheets.

2.Add the ability to output to a high resolution raster file (JPG, BMP, TIF etc.) as an alternative to PDF,

Thanks.
#61250 by Roger D
Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:27 pm
That pdf file could get very large.
Another option, I know another step :( , is PDFill (Free Tools) has a tool to combine many fills into one.
You can also change the order of the files before you write the file.

http://www.pdfill.com/whatisnew.html