What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#61507 by jimgoodman
Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:30 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:A small wish: in the Offset menu, down below the New Distance button in the appropriate location, it would be great to have X/2 and 2X options. This would let you offset something by half (or twice) the currently selected distance.

This would work nicely with my wish, posted earlier today at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13766, for the ability to add a Z setting. This would be very helpful for grading contour lines, etc.
#61508 by joshhuggins
Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:02 pm
Si!
#61509 by jimgoodman
Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:21 pm
Dave is going to have his hands full when he returns from vacation. He should be very rested and ready to go.
#61583 by David A. Giesselman
Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:05 pm
jimgoodman wrote:Dave is going to have his hands full when he returns from vacation. He should be very rested and ready to go.

Ya think? ;)

Dave
#61584 by jimgoodman
Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:41 am
I trust the weather was good and the cocktails were strong.
#61592 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:16 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:A small wish: in the Offset menu, down below the New Distance button in the appropriate location, it would be great to have X/2 and 2X options. This would let you offset something by half (or twice) the currently selected distance.

Done for the first v16 update.

Dave
#61594 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:39 pm
jimgoodman wrote:

This would work nicely with my wish, posted earlier today at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13766, for the ability to add a Z setting. This would be very helpful for grading contour lines, etc.

And replied to in the original thread.

Dave
#61595 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:52 pm
Mark Bell wrote:....and you got to chill out :roll:

Well in all honesty, I was constantly searching for an open WiFi to check emails and this Forum. I suppose a vacation is necessary for some folks, but I am very happy to be back doing what I truly enjoy. It was 5 years since my previous vacation and I trust it will be at least that long until the next. What is that saying that if you enjoy what you do, it doesn't seem like work? For me, it's certainly true. I suppose that I will succumb to family pressure to vacation once again, but I hope it's no time soon.

Dave
#61597 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:37 pm
Mark Bell wrote:Hi Dave,

Well....you sound like me! ... at least you got out of the office...sort of :roll:

You can drag the programmer away from writing code, but you'll never stop the coding in his/her head. ;)

Dave
#61598 by MtnArch
Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:10 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:What is that saying that if you enjoy what you do, it doesn't seem like work?

I think it's "If you enjoy what you do, you'll never work a day in your life!"
#61599 by jimgoodman
Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:15 pm
Nothing beats using DataCAD in the mobile office at the lake house that we rent for the month of July. I get up early and get a few hours of work in before the family activities start. The best part is that I don't have to wear long pants or shoes.

Lake Almanor 2013-03 - Mobile Office 02R.jpg
Lake Almanor 2013-03 - Mobile Office 02R.jpg (88.36 KiB) Viewed 12982 times
Lake Almanor 2013-01 - First Morning 03R.jpg
Lake Almanor 2013-01 - First Morning 03R.jpg (37.69 KiB) Viewed 12982 times
#61600 by jimgoodman
Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:16 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:
jimgoodman wrote:

And replied to in the original thread.

Dave

Thanks as always and good to have you back!