What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#60667 by Mark Bell
Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:21 pm
As a follow on to Bruce's comment, add 'smart title sheets' or customizable fields that can be placed on a title sheet/used to create a title sheet allowing user-defined items to automatically update including:

1. drawing revision numbers that cross reference a drawing register and can be used to output a transmittal for document control,

2. sheet numbers that link to drawing numbers and automatically hyperlink without having to be manually created for each sheet/drawing number, ie. as a sheet revision is updated (Rev. A to rev B etc.), the drawing register automatically updates as well,

3. an editable revision history that keeps track of all amendment comments but can limit what is actually displayed on each sheet, ie a sheet might allowable 8 lines of text for various revision 'A, B, C etc.' and allows the list to continue but only displays the most recent 8 (editable) lines of amendments,
#60668 by Mark Bell
Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:23 pm
in reply to Neil's comment on 'move to layer/S6 position' - I too often mistakenly create new layers for the same reason~!
#60704 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:18 am
When drawing Smart Arrows, it would be great to have the Shift key *temporarily* toggle the S4 1st Ortho mode to the opposite of the current setting. In other words, you can change it on the fly after you've already started drawing the arrow; depending on your need.
#60708 by Paul Nida
Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:40 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:When drawing Smart Arrows, it would be great to have the Shift key *temporarily* toggle the S4 1st Ortho mode to the opposite of the current setting. In other words, you can change it on the fly after you've already started drawing the arrow; depending on your need.

You can toggle it now by clicking on it with the mouse or shift-f4 or if you have a programmable keyboard you can program a key to be s4.
#60710 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:30 pm
Yep, I typically want to have 1st Ortho toggled on, but I need to momentarily toggle it off for the occasional arrow. So kinda' like Dynamic Flip, having a Shift key that temporarily toggle it off (or on) would be good.

On another point, I thought we could already do an boxed label with a Text Attribute, but it may only be possible with regular ParaText? I'd like to print the box or capsule around a text attribute that "expands" to fit the text - if this is not currently possible, it would be another time saver.
#60733 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:52 am
If I have not mentioned it before, I hope that Text Attributes could selected to have their text changed by Area. We have room labels that are symbols and editing the entire plan means that each one has to be selected one by one... Eight floors with about 28 rooms per floor...

Would it be possible to "anchor" the text attribute edit dialog to the location of the cursor when you select the symbol? In other words, once I open one and drag it to the relative position, it would be great to have the subsequent dialogs to be at the same relative position to the cursor as I select each symbol to edit the attributes. This would save having to move the mouse repeatedly across the screen.
#60833 by wvar
Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:10 am
I would like to change the position of the smart arrow head to / from head / tail after the arrow is drawn.
#60835 by joshhuggins
Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:15 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:I am missing the Capitalize tool that is in DC Sprint - it doesn't work for ParaText (or MText), so if we could do this, that would be a big help!
I'm guessing you've found a work around for this already, but just in case or for others, using a word processor that has a case tool can help fill the gaps. Copy the text from your source document or Datacad's MText/PText dialog to the clipboard, then paste it into the word processor program. Highlight the text and then pick the case you want, in this case UPPERCASE. Then highlight and copy the newly capitalized text back to your clipboard and paste it back into Datacad's Mtext/PText. Once you have it down, it take all of 5 secs. I use UPPERCASE and Capitalize Each Word a lot.
Caps.JPG
Caps.JPG (26.38 KiB) Viewed 11816 times
#60899 by wvar
Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:44 am
A feature that snuck int Datacad recently was the ability to reposition the dimension lines after pressing the Ctrl + right mouse button. Top marks by the way.
What would be really nice is the ability to keep the fixed length witness line lengths when repositioning the dimension lines.
#60900 by wvar
Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:10 am
wvar wrote:A feature that snuck int Datacad recently was the ability to reposition the dimension lines after pressing the Ctrl + right mouse button. Top marks by the way.
What would be really nice is the ability to keep the fixed length witness line lengths when repositioning the dimension lines.

The reason for my request is to maintain associativity (is that a new word) when moving dimensions.
Here in Oz dimensions are usually placed outside of the floor plan and hence my request>
Attachments
2013-07-01_220634.jpg
2013-07-01_220634.jpg (168.22 KiB) Viewed 11786 times
#60916 by galenanderson
Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:33 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:It would be lovely to have the Justify function in the ParaText menu (and the MText, too?).

This one will be controversial possibly: I would prefer to have Copy/Drag at the F1 position like it is in the Move menu. So I can memorize C, F1 and M, F1...

Neil, just change your margins to 0, you can justify no problem.

I too would like the drag to be in the same place in every menu, much like F5 is always prev. dist.
#60917 by galenanderson
Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:39 am
My drawings sometimes get bogged down with a lot of references, but i rarely need them all at the same time until i go to print. In Revit you can unload a reference, basically removing it from the drawing but keeping a record of its location and settings. Ive tried turning all of the layers off, but the drawings are still slow and if i don't have a G2V (i know i always should) for the on layers, i have to spend time turning them back on one by one.

What i would like is an unload button that would simply save all of a reference's settings but remove the rest of the information. When I want it back on I simply reload it, and Xclips, layers and other settings are all restored.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but the ability to create go to views in a referenced file from the reference manager would be amazing. Often i turn the layers on or off and then want to have that saved as a view, but there is no easy way to do that.

One more? If you could set up Xclips in a file that could be quickly accessed once you load that file into another drawing, basically giving you a list of clipcubes in the same way we have G2V's
#60920 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:10 am
galenanderson wrote:... What i would like is an unload button that would simply save all of a reference's settings but remove the rest of the information. When I want it back on I simply reload it, and Xclips, layers and other settings are all restored.

Have you tried the Suppress option in the XREF Tools sub-menu of the [Ctrl]+Right-Click context menu?

Dave