What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#4490 by Heinrich
Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:52 pm
In the Scale Type menu there is an option for stacked fractions. I would love to see this in normal text as well. This option not only saves space on a drawing, but it lookes much cleaner too. Since we use the stacked fractions in our drawings for dimensions it would also help the drawing look more uniform. Just a thought.

-Redd
#4491 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:59 pm
Hello Redd,

You can already do this: you use extended characters, so the font you use must support them. I use the LC (light chisel), as it does support them.

Hold down the Alt key and type 0130 on the number pad to get a 0 numerator, 0131 for a 1, etc. And then Alt-0150 for the /2, Alt-0151 for /4, etc. Look on page 576 in the PDF DataCAD 11 manual (Help/Reference Manual or Control-F1). There are also other characters there that you may find useful.
#4709 by Heinrich
Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:21 am
Neil,
The current problem with that is I have been using only two fonts because most of our work has to go to engineers who use AutoCAD and then back to us for more adjustment. However, I am awaiting the arrival of CTW4 in the mail and I believe there is a macro in it so all fonts will transfer. When CTW4 comes in, I will try this. Thanks for the help.

-Redd