What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#58844 by Nick Pyner
Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:17 pm
I have just been reading the latest Cheap Tricks page 5. I was actually losing interest and nearly missed the first sentence of the last para.

" DataCad is now working on a new v15 update that will calculate the outline of your shadow and insert that vector polyline into your DataCad drawing..."

Holy bleeding Moly! THIS IS SERIOUS

Indeed, if I read this right, it is the biggest thing I have seen in Cheap Tricks since the Phil Hart secret screen colour magnum opus of 1996.

After years of tubthumping, I have been thinking it would never happen, so all I can say now is

................. GO DATACAD, GO!!!

On discussing this with Evan Shu many years ago, he dropped the immortal one-liner

"............ it's cultural. What we need is another Yom Kippur war ............."

now I wonder perhaps if Sandy suffices instead.......

and maybe the update to SunShader is at the instigation of the mercifully re-elected president of the United States...