What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#338 by Gman
Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:48 pm
I would like to see the roofit macro be able to do a bastard hip roof, that is to say a hip roof with two pitches, one for the front & one for sides. If it already has that capability then I cant seem to find it.
#341 by joshhuggins
Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:08 pm
The 3D tools macro can do this, but, you have to do each section individually, but it works good. A great macro if your doing any 3D work. Never really used roofit so I can't advise ya there sorry.
#357 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:25 am
I use RBTOOLS for this and it works quite well. Not sure if it is still available though. If anyone out there knoiws for sure, jump in and let us know. It's a great Macro! I've used it for years now.

Aaron
#485 by Daniel Kaczor
Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:51 am
As mentioned earlier RBTools, still available from Cheap Tricks Ware (U$35.00) does this well.

For simple, rectangular roofs its just as easy to create 2 roof plans on different layers, turn each layer on and erase the sections not wanted, turn both layers on, pop them up in elevation, adjust the plate heights using 3d move, and use 3d Stretch to join the ridges.

How are you framing these roofs adding to the plate thickness? cutting into the meat of the rafter? different rafter heights?