What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?

Should Fence selection (w/ Crossing enabled) operate like Area when selecting Symbols?

88%
N/A
13%
N/A
N/A
N/A
#59887 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:34 pm
Josh H. brought this one up and I feel he has a good point. Currently when attempting to select a Symbol using any EGAFS menu with the Fence selection method, if Crossing is enabled the Symbol's Insertion Point must be bound by the selection boundary for the Symbol to be selected. By comparison, selection by Area with Crossing enabled only requires that some portion of the Symbol's geometry be within the boundary.

Dave
#59893 by MtnArch
Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:14 pm
Wait ... where's the button for "I haven't upgraded since Version 8 - will this be added in the next V8 update?"

:twisted:
#59895 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:49 pm
MtnArch wrote:Wait ... where's the button for "I haven't upgraded since Version 8 - will this be added in the next V8 update?"

:twisted:

Alan understands. :mrgreen:
#59957 by David A. Giesselman
Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:51 am
Added for the next update. It is controlled by the following new key in the [General] section of the INI file:

New Crossing Fence=TRUE

Setting this to FALSE will make Fence with Crossing operate as before.

Dave