What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#59949 by DBrennfoerder
Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:32 pm
This is what I love about DataCAD. At the close of business on Friday, one of us makes a suggestion, there is some conversation among other user(s), and by noon today (SATURDAY, no less) we have an upgrade in the works from the big cheese!! :D
#59953 by MtnArch
Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:00 pm
Agreed - name ANY other software company that does this! I think the list will be a few (if that) names only - and DataCAD will be at the top of the list every time!
#59955 by jimgoodman
Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:33 am
Truly extraordinary indeed!.

It helped that we caught Dave while he was waiting for some epoxy to cure on his vintage speaker project (I assume that is what he was working on). Nothing like a few code tweaks to pass the time.

Thanks David! :D
#59956 by David A. Giesselman
Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:28 am
jimgoodman wrote:1. A way that symbols can be automatically updated (reloaded) when a drawing is opened. I see this working the same way XRefs are updated when a drawing is opened. Since there are situations where this is not desirable, so perhaps this is a per-symbol setting, similar to lock scale, fix text, etc.

Done for the next update. Subscription only.

Dave