What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#59928 by jimgoodman
Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:02 am
Here is a minor suggestion for the otherwise fantastic smart arrow feature:

When moving a vertex in a smart arrow, it would be very cool if the relationship between tangent curves could be maintained. For example, I typically start the arrow at the head end, start with a straight segment and then use the Tangent command to create the next and last parts of the arrow leader. If either the end (at the note), or the arrow is moved, it would be good if the tangent point was updated automatically.
#59945 by David A. Giesselman
Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:06 pm
Jim:

This one may not be possible right now. Polylines and Arrows with curved vertices retain no information as to their creation method.

Dave
#59948 by jimgoodman
Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:18 pm
Perhaps for a future update then. Thanks for looking into it. :D
#59952 by MtnArch
Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:54 pm
Just out of curiosity, Dave, does it make any difference if you start at the head or the tail currently? I normally start at the tail and work my way to the arrow (and I rarely use curves -most of mine (99%) are just straight lines).
#61958 by Roger D
Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:46 pm
Be able to keep 2ptArc or 3ptArc selected for multiple placements of Smart Arrows.
I have an alias that takes me there the first time, but need to keep hitting F2 to keep it on when placing arrows from a series of notes.