What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#4666 by MouseJockey
Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:30 am
This is a little odd as I don't know how it should work, just that a lot of people in the office don't like how it currently works.

The typical complaint is that you can never pick an SPB Fill when you want to. Ironically you can never pick a line on the border of an SPB Fill when you want to either. As such everyone hates it when we're trying to work with those fills. I don't know if working like a hatch would be better (they're typically picked in the middle rather than an edge), since fills and hatches are occasionally overlayed. Just wish there was some way it could work better.

PS> I love the forum setup. It is a great resource to have all this available and be able to peruse/search questions and answers from awhile ago.
#4668 by Daniel Kaczor
Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:41 am
Definitely, a problem that needs to be fixed. In V8 or V9, if you picked the wrong one, right click, pick again and the selection would change.

To pick exactly what you want use the Mask function, selecting Entity-Polyline. You could even write a toolbar or keyboard macro for it. This will also pick Associated Hatches as well.

HTH
#4683 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:08 am
Daniel Kaczor wrote:...In V8 or V9, if you picked the wrong one, right click, pick again and the selection would change.

This is a good suggestion. I second it. Even with the improvements on the handling of solid/bitmap fills, this selection keeps being randomly done.
The option to set a "preference order" in the coincident entities would help a lot to handle this feature.

Thanks,
Miguel
#4690 by MouseJockey
Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:54 am
Daniel Kaczor wrote:To pick exactly what you want use the Mask function, selecting Entity-Polyline. You could even write a toolbar or keyboard macro for it. This will also pick Associated Hatches as well.

HTH

That's a good idea. A good work-around for now, but maybe a little complicated for some in the office. I'm using masks more and more recently, they're a great time-saver.
#4694 by joshhuggins
Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:56 am
Mask commands probably should be added to the cleanup menu tools too, but don't know what it would look like for the Entity section of the mask command as not all entities can be edited via the cleanup options.
#4695 by Heinrich
Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:20 pm
Maybe using 'ctrl', hold 'ctrl' down and right click, to select a specific object or snap-point. You could click until the it selects the object you need. This would help with commands like stretch so you don't have to pick a seperate macro to stretch one line and not the other. Just a thought. :wink:

-Redd
#4706 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:18 pm
Hello Redd,

Don't forget the use of "LyrSrch" feature to manage some complex drawings.
I 'm not so sure that we could include every situation on this simple attitude of holding 'Ctrl' key.

One of the best virtues of DataCAD is its prompt response to the command. We shouldn't loose of sight this definitive and powerful ability.

Thanks,
Miguel