What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#60297 by joshhuggins
Tue May 21, 2013 10:53 am
A single item or one for each? Line weights are the devil :P
#60298 by David A. Giesselman
Tue May 21, 2013 11:07 am
joshhuggins wrote:A single item or one for each? Line weights are the devil :P

I was thinking of a single INI entry unless it's awfully compelling to do an entry for each one.

Dave
#60299 by Roger D
Tue May 21, 2013 11:11 am
David A. Giesselman wrote:I was thinking of a single INI entry unless it's awfully compelling to do an entry for each one. Dave
I'm just thinking that we all do our work differently, so someone would want a different mix.
Also, with the setting, if I have items off and on in different drawings, the settting would
1. If batch plotting with no file open, turn on all the settings, plot the file, then close leaving the file in the original state of on/off?
2. If plotting from an open drawing, would plot with all on, but I would not have to turn them off to continue drawing if I wish?
Just wondering how it would work?
#60300 by David A. Giesselman
Tue May 21, 2013 11:27 am
Roger:

Yes to both of the above. As it seems that individual entries would be best, that's what I'll do.

Dave
#60301 by David A. Giesselman
Tue May 21, 2013 11:39 am
Okay, looks like I'll be adding the following to the [Printer] section of the INI file:

[Printer]
Print Text=TRUE
Print Hatch=TRUE
Print Line Types=TRUE
Print Line Weight=TRUE
Print Associative Dimensions=TRUE
Print Fills=TRUE
Print Bitmaps=TRUE
Print KnockOuts=TRUE
Print Smart Wall Hatch=TRUE
Print Smart Wall Fill=TRUE

If any of these are blank or missing, the toggle's current status will be used.

Make sense?
Dave
#60303 by David A. Giesselman
Tue May 21, 2013 12:29 pm
Paul Nida wrote:
joshhuggins wrote:Maybe just small indicators/toggles for the display items on the batch plot screen. Green on / Red off? Don't think I would want to have manage extra views just for working and printing either if I was in that situation.

Unless this could be made to work when batch plotting multiple files from outside of the drawings this wouldn't help us. The project I am currently working on has more than 80 AEC files many of which have several sheets in them. So when we batch plot we are usually plotting some or all of the AEC files. So whatever is done needs to work without having to open each drawing file first.

That is the way these INI entries will work.

Dave
#60307 by jimgoodman
Tue May 21, 2013 1:19 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:Okay, looks like I'll be adding the following to the [Printer] section of the INI file:

[Printer]
Print Text=TRUE
Print Hatch=TRUE
Print Line Types=TRUE
Print Line Weight=TRUE
Print Associative Dimensions=TRUE
Print Fills=TRUE
Print Bitmaps=TRUE
Print KnockOuts=TRUE
Print Smart Wall Hatch=TRUE
Print Smart Wall Fill=TRUE

If any of these are blank or missing, the toggle's current status will be used.

Make sense?
Dave

Who could ask for anything more?

Thanks to everyone for their input and to Dave for the implementation.
#60312 by Paul Nida
Tue May 21, 2013 5:51 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:
Paul Nida wrote:
joshhuggins wrote:Maybe just small indicators/toggles for the display items on the batch plot screen. Green on / Red off? Don't think I would want to have manage extra views just for working and printing either if I was in that situation.

Unless this could be made to work when batch plotting multiple files from outside of the drawings this wouldn't help us. The project I am currently working on has more than 80 AEC files many of which have several sheets in them. So when we batch plot we are usually plotting some or all of the AEC files. So whatever is done needs to work without having to open each drawing file first.

That is the way these INI entries will work.

Dave

Excellent, I will be looking forward to it.
#60342 by Roger D
Thu May 23, 2013 7:18 pm
Now that we got the Print Bitmap=True, etc completed, next wish. :)
I know when I export to acad, I have it set to explode/extract smart walls to 2d, now I am finding my engineer does not like the wall hatch and/or fill.
I know I can turn those off before exporting, but it would be nice to add either -
1. When extracting to 2d, that wall hatch and fills go on separate layers, like 2d_Wall_Hatch 2d_Wall_FIll or
2. add setting to .ini file Extract 2d Smart Fill = False
Extract 2d Smart Hatch= False
Just was bothered by engineer again today on this.
#60358 by jimgoodman
Sat May 25, 2013 1:28 pm
A big thanks to Dave for incorporating this feature in the latest beta version.

For those of you who are not running the latest subscription version, you are really missing out on some neat new productivity and workflow features! For example, this particular feature has already been incorporated into the latest beta version which is available to those of us with the subscription license.

FOR A GOOD TIME, UPDATE TO THE LATEST VERSION