What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#60297 by joshhuggins
Tue May 21, 2013 10:53 am
A single item or one for each? Line weights are the devil :P
#60300 by David A. Giesselman
Tue May 21, 2013 11:27 am
Roger:

Yes to both of the above. As it seems that individual entries would be best, that's what I'll do.

Dave
#60301 by David A. Giesselman
Tue May 21, 2013 11:39 am
Okay, looks like I'll be adding the following to the [Printer] section of the INI file:

If any of these are blank or missing, the toggle's current status will be used.

Make sense?
Dave
#60342 by Roger D
Thu May 23, 2013 7:18 pm
Now that we got the Print Bitmap=True, etc completed, next wish. :)
I know when I export to acad, I have it set to explode/extract smart walls to 2d, now I am finding my engineer does not like the wall hatch and/or fill.
I know I can turn those off before exporting, but it would be nice to add either -
1. When extracting to 2d, that wall hatch and fills go on separate layers, like 2d_Wall_Hatch 2d_Wall_FIll or
2. add setting to .ini file Extract 2d Smart Fill = False
Extract 2d Smart Hatch= False
Just was bothered by engineer again today on this.
#60358 by jimgoodman
Sat May 25, 2013 1:28 pm
A big thanks to Dave for incorporating this feature in the latest beta version.

For those of you who are not running the latest subscription version, you are really missing out on some neat new productivity and workflow features! For example, this particular feature has already been incorporated into the latest beta version which is available to those of us with the subscription license.

FOR A GOOD TIME, UPDATE TO THE LATEST VERSION