What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#4775 by deliriousga
Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:38 am
It would be nice when you select the SPB Fill function to be able to just go at it like you can with the Hatch function. It wastes a lot of time to have to select "Boundry" every time you go to the next object to fill. Instead, it should keep the last function you selected until you right click twice like the Hatch function. :D

The other SPB Fill problem is the Cont. Search function. It would be nice to be able to select an opening size to ignore, kind of like the "miss distance" setting. Being able to ignore an opening up to size "X" would keep it from going forever and not filling. This may just be a bug since I have gone through several times and reconnected everything to make sure there were no "holes" in my walls and checked the layers and it still did the same search forever thing.

Thanks! :D
#4778 by joshhuggins
Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:25 am
deliriousga wrote:It would be nice when you select the SPB Fill function to be able to just go at it like you can with the Hatch function. It wastes a lot of time to have to select "Boundry" every time you go to the next object to fill. Instead, it should keep the last function you selected until you right click twice like the Hatch function.

Hold your breath, it's coming any day now :!:

deliriousga wrote:The other SPB Fill problem is the Cont. Search function. It would be nice to be able to select an opening size to ignore, kind of like the "miss distance" setting. Being able to ignore an opening up to size "X" would keep it from going forever and not filling. This may just be a bug since I have gone through several times and reconnected everything to make sure there were no "holes" in my walls and checked the layers and it still did the same search forever thing.

I have wished for this one several times, but have not heard of anything in the works.
#4784 by Miguel Palaoro
Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:04 pm
deliriousga wrote:...It would be nice to be able to select an opening size to ignore, kind of like the "miss distance" setting. Being able to ignore an opening up to size "X" would keep it from going forever and not filling.

Good thing to improve.
Got my vote for this.

Thanks,
Miguel
#4843 by Leigh
Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:31 pm
I also agree.

For those who have been frustrated when trying to close to make fills work.

I have also found that it was not always that the line ends were not closed but that what appeared to be one line was really segmated, and had to be joined to make it one line only.