What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#61419 by jimgoodman
Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:51 pm
Would it be possible to have an option to manually purge materials from the drawing database?
#61420 by David A. Giesselman
Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:17 pm
The Edit Materials dialog has a Purge button in it. Is that what you are looking for?

Dave
#61421 by jimgoodman
Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:16 am
David A. Giesselman wrote:The Edit Materials dialog has a Purge button in it. Is that what you are looking for?

Dave

Sort of...This only purges materials that are not assigned to a layer or in use somewhere else in the drawing database. The downside of the way this works now is that it captures materials that have been created but not yet assigned to a layer, color or entity.

I have a default drawing with layers and other 3d settings ready to go. I have some default materials assigned to some of the layers.

When I start a new model, there are situations where I don't need the default materials to be in the materials list. Theses materials are not assigned to any entity that I can find and I have tried changing layer assignments to "none" but I still can't get rid of some of the materials.

I have tried purging unused symbols, thinking there might be some material assignments hiding out in that part of the database.

Therefore, it would be helpful to be able to manually purge a specific material in the Edit Materials dialogue box. A list or report showing where materials are assigned (similar to a symbol report) would also do the trick, if the manual purge button is an option.

Thanks and happy Labor Day
#61871 by jimgoodman
Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:09 am
David:

While you are working on this most excellent and usefull feature, would it be possible to a "Reload All" so that materials can be reloaded from the last saved version?

Thanks as always. :D