What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#61636 by cadline
Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:21 am
Include the option to erase Polylines in the Mask selection

Regards, Eugene
#61637 by Roger D
Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:46 am
It's there, go to the 2nd page of mask selections.
#61734 by cadline
Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:45 am
Thank you

Regards, Eugene
#61740 by joshhuggins
Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:53 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:It would be great for Polylines to be trimmed by 1-line Trim.
Oh snap yes! :mrgreen:
#61743 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:17 pm
An old wish that I don't think I've mentioned before: can the Change/Text menu include Color? And could it also include Layer?

If Color can be included, it saves doing another Change/Color step that is almost always required, if you are changing text to match other text, then color *and* font, size, etc. all have to match.
#61745 by joshhuggins
Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:37 pm
I think someone asked for this a while back also too. Not too sure we would use it for color here but that probably just because how our drawings are setup but I could see where people who have there drawings setup a specific way could really use it. Gets my vote. Maybe one way to do it would be if you go to the change menu you could set those options there, then step into the Text menu and continue to add options there as well then pick? Could see using it this way for sure for having access to the other change menu options.
#61774 by jimgoodman
Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:50 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:I have a Layer Manager wish:

It would be lovely to be able to highlight a group of layers, and add a prefix to all the layer's names. Just type it once, and it gets added to all the layers you have highlighted.

Here Here!
#61775 by jimgoodman
Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:51 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:Another LM wish: a column for display grids and snap grid, so we can toggle them on or off in groups.

Here Here Here :D
#61776 by MtnArch
Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:05 am
Here, here, here, here, here!!! :lol:
#61785 by Paul Nida
Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:20 am
I would like to see Export, Import, Layer Sets, Vies Layer and View File added to the menu on the Layer Manager. Also it would be nice if I could have the Layer Manager say open when there is not a drawing file open similar to the way Symbol Browser works. That way I wouldn't have to keep opening the Layer Manager every time I start DCAD or close one file and open another one.

And I agree with the other Layer Manager request, especially Snap Grids. I have been meaning to add that to the wishlist for sometime but just haven't done it.
#61794 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:10 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:In the Mirror menu, it would be great to have a Bisect option, in addition to Entity and Previous Line.

Bisect what?